Contributor

I am so upset and I need to know if any QVC viewers have some suggestions for me,

I ordered the fitness chair from HSN and I went to check the status of something else and noticed that 2 chairs were being shipped to me. I immediately called customer service and told them what happened and he said he could not cancel it even though it was only 5 hours later after I ordered it but he said just have UPS come and pick it back up. They are very heavy and there is no shipping information or return information on the outer or inner box. I called customer service and asked them to send me a return label and they said they couldn't, that the company does not have the agreement with HSN to return it by UPS because it has to go directly back to the company. I have to take it myself to the post office and pay who knows how much to send this back. This is a very heavy item. I'm 65 years old with cancer and I'm extremely upset about this. HSN was no help to me at all. I live alone and have no one that can help me take this to the post office and if I don't then I'm stuck paying for 2. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Honored Contributor

Any product I have bought comes with a return label. If you get 2 of them ""refuse delivery"" on 1 of them. The UPS/FedX person will put it back on their truck and it will be sent back to it's place of origin with the cost going for shipping to the sender.

That network will certainly not keep your money if you wanted only 1 chair. Remember there is the 30 day return period and it is obvious it was their mistake and not yours.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I would call HSN back. If the rep can't help, ask to speak with a supervisor. If all else fails, you can do like John says and refuse delivery. I may even call UPS and tell them you're going to refuse it. I wouldn't want them to drop it at the curb and leave.

Honored Contributor
When it's delivered, do not open it. Try to catch the UPS driver and tell him to return it to the sender. You will not have to pay for the return shipping.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

UPS will pick up a package if you call and arrange it. QVC can pay any and all costs that may be involved. Good luck to you!

Honored Contributor
Palmajo, Sometimes it pays to actually read the OP's thread. She's working with HSN, not QVC.
Honored Contributor

You should have asked this on the HSN board, where you bought the product. This is QVC. When UPS delivers your 2 chairs, accept delivery for one chair and refuse delivery on the other. UPS will return it. I assume, this was HSN's error. If UPS does leave both, call HSN and ask for a supervisor. Explain that you ordered one, they sent two. You should not be responsible for the return charge. Ask for a UPS return label.

Honored Contributor
Why shouldn't she be responsible for the return charge, she ordered two? Sometimes when ordering online, it's easy to hit the "quantity" block accidentally and order more than one, but it's not the merchant's fault. You should check your order before you "buy".
Valued Contributor

Send both back at delivery!!! Don't accept the shipment. Then order again. QVC is a huge company and can afford to make good on a customer mistake. Hope this helps.

Trusted Contributor

OP, you don't make it clear in your post whether HSN made a mistake in taking your order and put you down for two chairs by mistake........or whether the mistake was yours and you inadvertently ordered two chairs instead of one. Whichever is the case, I'd call CS again and make it clear you intended to order only one chair and will not accept the second one. Try to find out when your delivery is due; then watch for the delivery truck. When the delivery comes to your home, tell the delivery person you ordered only one chair. Accept only one chair and refuse the other. If there's any problem with this, refuse BOTH chairs. If the item was shipped direct from the factory as HSN indicates, the shipper should return it there. Dispute any erroneous charges.