Honored Contributor

Re: HELP! Need child's gift basket ideas

I called my DD on this one.

she has 2 daughters

age 14 DD said any google play cards--Xbox gift cards.

she also said maybe some nice fancy bath soap . If you do lean towards bath products, I would add a nice bath towel--hand towel--wash cloth,, even one of those head bands towels for the hair .

age 9 yrs. DD said anything pertaining to Justice.

I am going to add again bath towels set and some fance bath soap. something to pamper herself because she is getting up there and wants to be alone while taking showers and such.

good luck in putting together a nice gift basket.

Respected Contributor

@Peaches McPhee: Great ideas!

Esteemed Contributor

I agree about the Amazon card.  Also you could create some sort of snack pack with assorted snacks.  And if you live where there is a movie theater you might be able to give a gift card for that also. Sporting good store gift card?  I guess it depends upon the winner what they would like.  

Perhaps you know a child you can ask.  

Trusted Contributor

Thank you everyone! Wonderful ideas, I really appreciate it.

I had to google Justice. LOL I'm so out of the loop.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Teens don't all like video games.  That's tough because boys and girls are totally different.  It wouldn't be hard putting a gift basket together for a boy or a girl but a basket for a boy/girl basket will be much harder.   You didn't give a $$ amout, that has to be factor.  But I think....

A local sports team tee shirt of sweat shirt.  Get it big because teens do wear those things oversized.  

2  movie ticket passes

Itunes gift card

Fast food restaurant gift card

Microwave popcorn

assortment of candy/nuts/popcorn

a big mug with a silly saying 

2  Planetarium tickets

2  Tickets to play paint ball or roller skate

Respected Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

I have to make a child's gift basket for a raffle and am stumped. It has to be appropriate for a range of pre-teen ages and for either boy or girl.

I don't even know what kids are into these days other than video games.  Please help me with some ideas. Smiley Happy  Thank you!

My daughter is 13 and the things that she likes (and her friends) are: Starbucks, Amazon gift cards, Abercrombie, Chick Fil A (depending on where you live)

Regular Contributor

You could do a movie basket.   Include microwave popcorn.  Movie size boxes of various candies.  Include a classic holiday movie such as the original Home Alone or Prancer.  You could also include a gift card to a local theater and a McDonald's gift certificate.