Honored Contributor

Re: HELP NEED AN ANSWER ASAP

@Mj12 wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

Why can't your daughter or your granddaughter go out early to find TP?  Am I missing something here?  

Surely you can do without your "favorite" for a while.  

I honestly don't get this either.  If someone must (God-forbid) get up early and go find whatever it is the household needs - that is what you do period.

o/t when I saw the HELP and ASAP thread title I thought it would be something different than a TP question.

@Mj12 It honestly doesn't even make sense.

Why would you order something that will take 3-4 weeks to get to you if you're going to run out before then?  Go out today and look for some.  Get anything you can.  Go online and order another kind just so you have something. 

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Just checked Amazon. They have Cottonelle 24 pk Family Mega Rolls for around $25 free shipping with Prime. Don't know how much shipping is without Prime.

They just added 18 pk Mega Roll 3 ply Quilted Northern for $31.79.

They also have kleenex.

@Nightowlz   The TP you mentioned is now unavailable.  What the heck are people supposed to do when their TP runs out, hopefully they have a lot of wipes.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

Why can't your daughter or your granddaughter go out early to find TP?  Am I missing something here?  

I honestly don't get this either.  If someone must (God-forbid) get up early and go find whatever it is the household needs - that is what you do period.

o/t when I saw the HELP and ASAP thread title I thought it would be something different than a TP question.

Why would you order something that will take 3-4 weeks to get to you if you're going to run out before then?  Go out today and look for some.  Get anything you can.  Go online and order another kind just so you have something. 

I've always thought TP is TP, but years ago I learned it's a big deal to some people.  After my brother got married and moved to another state, he and his new bride came to visit for the weekend.  She went to the bathroom and whispered something to my brother when she came out.  They suddenly needed to leave and would be back later.  My mom was so concerned wondering what in the world happened.  A little while later they came back with a bag from the grocery store and they had gone out to get her some Charmin because it's the only TP my new sister-in-law would use.  I'll never forget her explaining to my mom how it's the best brand to put out in a guest bathroom.  🤣

Esteemed Contributor

Just wanted to add that I've been doing my grocery shopping in the evening about 30 minutes to an hour before the stores close instead of going early.  Around here the end of the day is when they're putting new stuff on the shelves and there really aren't many people in the store at all at that time.

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

I've always thought TP is TP, but years ago I learned it's a big deal to some people.  After my brother got married and moved to another state, he and his new bride came to visit for the weekend.  She went to the bathroom and whispered something to my brother when she came out.  They suddenly needed to leave and would be back later.  My mom was so concerned wondering what in the world happened.  A little while later they came back with a bag from the grocery store and they had gone out to get her some Charmin because it's the only TP my new sister-in-law would use.  I'll never forget her explaining to my mom how it's the best brand to put out in a guest bathroom.  🤣

Yes, I like my certain brands too. 

But if I was in danger of running out, I would get something to tide me over until I could find my brand.  The danger of running out is more important than the brand at this point.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Even in desperation, I don’t think I could pay, let alone use toilet paper that cost me twice what I would normally pay.  

I feel sure this product is being offered by a company outside the US.   What I referred to in my earlier post today was thru Boxed dot com, which is Japanese.   Reviews were poor, and I also seem to recall a post referring to a complaint over a one time purchase and then other unauthorized charges on a credit card.   That was all I needed to read.   

**Correction:   Thanks to @dooBdoo, I went back to double check what I found online, and the company to stay away from is kmobuy dot com.

Esteemed Contributor

What's the company name --- could be fake!!!!!!!!! I only shop at major companies.

Esteemed Contributor

Not even if I had  a million dollars would I pay that much!!!

Honored Contributor

DDD3E552-998A-41F8-A866-200EAB894D5C.jpegWalmart today and stocking early afternoon...paper products of all brands.

gettingback to normal shipments I assume!

043F9751-6141-4C2D-9821-7E6B56BF1DFD.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

It's your money! LOL - personally, I wouldn't do it. These are tough times, so I can live without some things that I used to rely on, and I'll wait for things to normalize. If money isn't an issue for you and you can't get along without it, then go for it! I found single rolls of an off-brand at my favorite grocer lately, so that's what we'll buy until things get back to normal.