Honored Contributor

Re: HELP NEED AN ANSWER ASAP

That is robbery. But, It is YOUR MONEY and you can do with it what you want.

Honored Contributor

Absolutely NOT! That is an outrageous price. I too found this product and many others in demand now, on line weeks ago, but when I checked out the company, it was outside the US. So not doing that.
Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

I found a company on line that can ship my favorite Charmin  Ultra Strong TP and my question is; would you pay $35.99 + 6.99 s/h (42.98) for 9 mega rolls per sheet?

Shipping could take 3 to 4 weeks, however, if faster shipping is wanted it will cost $16.99.  I will run out long before 3 to 4 weeks but $52.98 for TP??? I need to make a decision asap before they run out, what would you do?   

No. I wouldn't pay $42.98 for 9 rolls of toilet paper that wouldn't even be delivered for 3 or 4 weeks. I havn't been out to shop for the last two weeks. Fortunately, I still have enough toilet paper, paper towels, etc. for a while. For some unknown reason I've had a thing for a long time about running out of tp. Maybe from college or something. Anyway, I went to Walmart yesterday about 2 o'clock. It was probably the best experience I've ever had in any Walmart.

I was in there to get frozen foods, fresh fruit, coke zero, salsa and tortilla chips but noticed how well stocked it was. Full shelves of paper towels, tp, etc. Another thing, something I have never seen in any Walmart, ever. There were about five checkout lanes open with cashiers, lol, and the self checkout area was not crazy.  Anyway, I think things are steadily improving, production meeting needs, etc. If I were you, I'd keep calling/looking at your local stores of all kinds. Hold out as long as you can. BTW, I have one package of Charmin I'd be happy to give you but an address would be necessary so can't do it. 

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma 

I hope you were able to get some TP at a decent price.

I think someone should knock the owners of Wal-Mart, Target in the head for having TP in stock but they will not ship it.

Some people live in rural areas so not easy running to the store everyday looking for it. Some people are elderly & cannot get out.

They keep telling everyone to stay home.

Makes no sense they would make it so difficult???

Honored Contributor

I would not Smiley Sad

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

OP has probably already decided, but in case @Lindsays Grandma is keeping score, I'll say no. I wouldn't get it. 

If someone asked me the brand of TP I use I couldn't tell them. I will buy any brand I've heard of in 1 ply or 2 ply...whatever is the best deal when I'm buying. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ok, I'm going to be a little tough love here. And I sincerely don't mean it to be snarky. This would be exactly how I would put this to my sister and best friends and how THEY would put it to me. 

- no way would I pay that much for toilet paper.

- you don't drive

- you say you're not an early morning person 

-your daughter isn't working right now so I assume she's home

-you have a 17 year old granddaughter

-you only like Charmin Extra Strong

Some things have to change here in order to accomplish your goal.  Some, or all of you, need to become early morning people, at least short term. It really can be done. These are extraordinary times. 

Since you don't drive, either your daughter or granddaughter needs to get up early, get going and go to several stores and come back with something. 

And, For the time being, you need to be flexible on the Charmin Extra Strong thing.  Be happy with 1 ply gas station generic brand if you can find it.

Think outside the box. Go to Walgreens, CVS, the dollar stores, Big Lots, gas stations and come home with something. 

Get out there and make it happen. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh Very well said! 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

Why can't your daughter or your granddaughter go out early to find TP?  Am I missing something here?  

Surely you can do without your "favorite" for a while.  

I honestly don't get this either.  If someone must (God-forbid) get up early and go find whatever it is the household needs - that is what you do period.

o/t when I saw the HELP and ASAP thread title I thought it would be something different than a TP question.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mj12 : DH and I are  disabled and in the risk group, but we take precautions- we get out early and do what is necessary. Do we like it? No !! Forget brand loyalty! Get what you can. We try not to complain but stay positive and be thankful. Price gouging and the people responsible should not be supported. Southern Bee