Esteemed Contributor

HELP ME TO DECIDE A COLOR-RED OR BLACK

I am in the process of purchasing a new walker.  Ever since I had the three back surgeries  I am not able to distance walk because the back spasms and the pain is not nice.  As a result when I know I am going for a long walk, like in a mall, or just a nice walk on a beautiful day I start out with my walker.

I have been looking on line and I know I don't want a blue walker and of course the choices are red, blue or black.  Yes, I actually found a couple of black ones and they look pretty darn nice.  I have been going back and forth between the red and black and really like the black but since I have never seen it out in public I am hesitant, so, I am asking all of you smart people to vote, red or black.   Thank you in advance.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Re: HELP ME TO DECIDE A COLOR-RED OR BLACK

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

I am in the process of purchasing a new walker.  Ever since I had the three back surgeries  I am not able to distance walk because the back spasms and the pain is not nice.  As a result when I know I am going for a long walk, like in a mall, or just a nice walk on a beautiful day I start out with my walker.

I have been looking on line and I know I don't want a blue walker and of course the choices are red, blue or black.  Yes, I actually found a couple of black ones and they look pretty darn nice.  I have been going back and forth between the red and black and really like the black but since I have never seen it out in public I am hesitant, so, I am asking all of you smart people to vote, red or black.   Thank you in advance.

@Lindsays Grandma 

Get what you want. Because you "really like the black," get the black. 

Best wishes to you.

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma-

It sounds like you really like the black one the best.

If it was me, I would get the red one because it would be cheerfulSmiley Happy

The way I decide between 2 things is I imagine myself picking one. Would I still be thinking of the other one andkind of wishing I had it?

Now imagine picking the other one and do the sameSmiley Happy

I use this at restaurants when I can't decide.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I have a red one but don't think color matters.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Why not get the color you really want? Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

My vote is for the black.

My cane is black, and it was tempting to go with a bright color, but I decided I could go with color in jewelry, etc, if I so desired.  I guess we could tie a pretty ribbon on them if we wanted to add that little "dash".

The red would be easier to spot in a crowded room though!

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

@nomless  Here's a different viewpoint on walkers: My mom chose a walker in light purple. When I asked why, she said, "Everyone else has black. I want to know which one is mine when I park it in a dining room at the Old Folks Home in my old age!"

A few years later, she did move into an Independent Living Center . . . and she was able to quickly ID her walker. Everyone else had a heck of a time trying to find theirs after each meal or movie or card game or whatever.

Mom's was never mixed up and no one ever tried to walk off with it in the 14 years she lived in Independent Living, Assisted Living and Skilled Care.  HTH

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I love red and usually go with that color as my first choice.     However, I have learned that sometimes the brand new pretty red color doesn’t age well over time, and becomes an ugly red.   Black is just always black, so I’d choose black.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sounds like you already know what you love-the black. Get the one you love! Usually your first gut reaction is the one you want. All that said, between red and black, black would be my choice too. Smiley Happy Good luck!

...and...in case you care about these things, it also won't compete with anything you are wearing, color-wise.

Regular Contributor

my mothers walker was black and became bored with it so we painted little squiggles/paint drips in jewel color metallics all over the black metal. it turned out well and she received many compliments over the years she used it