Respected Contributor

Re: HELLO ALL...WHAT'S FOR DINNER?? It's Been a While...

I adore basil. Got a bunch yesterday at the farmer's mkt. and bought a plant to put in the garden. Guess spring is here. Never had winter.

They are a butter cookie that has a dab of fruit filling in the center and then the sides are folded in to make the cookies a triangle. Today is a fun Jewish holiday, Purim (costumes, parades etc.) and the cookies are part of the celebration. No kids at home but the bakery had the fresh cookies featured and I couldn't resist.

I am diabetic, so no mac and cheese, so do the cauliflower dish. I do it just like mac and cheese with bread crumbs on top etc. I will get one cookie for dessert.

Regular Contributor

On 3/16/2014 croemer said:

Hi alex! You will not believe it but I was just thinking about you last week and wondering how you are doing. I am having left overs from last nights Dinner out...Ribeye Oscar(crab-meat) and asparagus. I am putting a penne pasta in the oven for DH. Good to see ya!!

Hi cromie!!! (No, it's not a misspelling....it's what I used to call croemer, lol). Stop yourself with the Oscar explanation...I know it involves crab meat, you silly girl.

So I take it things are good if you went out for Ribeye Oscar and asparagus, you little devil. Sounds yum. Good to see you too; hope you're well!!

Regular Contributor

On 3/16/2014 terrier3 said:

I am on a health kick too now that I wear my FitBit Zip.

So I'm off now to do 90 minutes of HARD uphill climbing and running on the treadmill...then for dinner -

Cheese and sauerkraut pierogi with sweet onions braised in butter...with a dollop of sour cream.

Now that's a Buffalo NY gal....I can smell it a mile away! Sounds like I'm now in your neck of the woods terrier.....I relocated to WNY from Florida but never changed my nic here!!

Regular Contributor

On 3/16/2014 Deb1010again said:

Hi Alex! Smile

My niece is visiting and is cooking a turkey dinner with all the fixings, so not necessarily healthy, but we don't eat like this all the time.

Hi Deb! I see nothing wrong with turkey dinner and all the fixings....it's my favorite Holiday meal to cook! Sounds yum right about now; enjoy your dinner and your visit!!

Regular Contributor

n 3/16/2014 Lotus~ said:

Oh Alex....so good to see you....hope you are doing great! Are you still in Buffalo? You had quite a winter!!

I took out 2 turkey burgers with fresh mozzarella, spinach, onion and red pepper. I think I will leave both for DS with some veggies and/or a salad. I'll probably pick up some grilled chicken and make a salad to bring to work with me at 6p (that is...unless I can get someone to take my hours tonite{#emotions_dlg.devil2}).

Don't be a stranger. Smile

Hiya Lotus!! Let's not discuss winter !! Can you say brutal?? Hope you and yours are doing well. Hope you get that shift covered and enjoy your din at home....love me any kind of salad with grilled chicken. Great to hear from you!

Honored Contributor

Hi Alex....We are having pizza. We've eaten so much good stuff this week that we needed a ""fix"".

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Alex, I am stuffed from the bleu cheese hamburger I had for lunch, so I have no clue about dinner yet. Maybe Cheerios?? It is good to see you posting again. Hope you hang aroundSmiley Happy
Regular Contributor

On 3/16/2014 hennypenny said:

I adore basil. Got a bunch yesterday at the farmer's mkt. and bought a plant to put in the garden. Guess spring is here. Never had winter.

They are a butter cookie that has a dab of fruit filling in the center and then the sides are folded in to make the cookies a triangle. Today is a fun Jewish holiday, Purim (costumes, parades etc.) and the cookies are part of the celebration. No kids at home but the bakery had the fresh cookies featured and I couldn't resist.

I am diabetic, so no mac and cheese, so do the cauliflower dish. I do it just like mac and cheese with bread crumbs on top etc. I will get one cookie for dessert.

They sound like a traditional Polish cookie that I'm drawing a blank on, but I remember apricot being a popular filling!

I've used cauliflower a lot of different ways this year....roasted with olive oil, mashed like potatoes using a little chicken stock, and made a creamy soup by blending after cooked with no added fat or dairy. It's become one of my favorite veggies!

Enjoy your fun Holiday henny!

Honored Contributor

On 3/16/2014 alexinflorida said:
On 3/16/2014 croemer said:

Hi alex! You will not believe it but I was just thinking about you last week and wondering how you are doing. I am having left overs from last nights Dinner out...Ribeye Oscar(crab-meat) and asparagus. I am putting a penne pasta in the oven for DH. Good to see ya!!

Hi cromie!!! (No, it's not a misspelling....it's what I used to call croemer, lol). Stop yourself with the Oscar explanation...I know it involves crab meat, you silly girl.

So I take it things are good if you went out for Ribeye Oscar and asparagus, you little devil. Sounds yum. Good to see you too; hope you're well!!

I like cromie...so good to see you...please don't be gone so long. Sorry about the Oscar thing...just making sure you knew...I should have known you would be no stranger to the term Oscar. Miss Ya!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Regular Contributor

On 3/16/2014 Predsfan said:

Hi Alex....We are having pizza. We've eaten so much good stuff this week that we needed a ""fix"".

Oh Lordie.....I could cave easily.

Enjoy Predsfan!!! Don't blame you!