Regular Contributor

HELLO ALL...WHAT'S FOR DINNER?? It's Been a While...

Hi to all my former Viewpoints friends that I used to connect with! So many changes here and so many new names. It's been quite a while since I posted; hope a few of you remember the old days (and hopefully my nic).

I've been on a "healthy" kick, so eating a lot of seafood (my fave) and veggies. Still craving the pasta, but I've gotten better about that...sort of.

I see the emoties here don't work like they used to!

So I'm having grilled halibut with a side salad of field greens, tomatoes, little bits of fresh mozzarella drizzled with balsamic and olive oil.

How about you?

(And how the heck is everyone doing??)

alex

Respected Contributor

Re: HELLO ALL...WHAT'S FOR DINNER?? It's Been a While...

hi,

we are having a mixed green salad (alex, add a bit of fresh basil to your balsamic vinegrette. it is heavenly--just tear up a few leaves into your salad)---baked chicken and cauliflower with cheese sauce. Hammentashen cookies for dessert.

Valued Contributor

Grilled chicken breasts on a bed of avacado/tomato/black beans/onion/cilantro salsa with side of broccoli...

Regular Contributor

Hi henny....just chuckled about the fresh basil. Big batch I bought yesterday just got washed and trimmed all ready for the salad, and chopped fine to garnish the fish. LOVE basil, and love your cauliflower. What are Hammentashen cookies? Your dinner sounds delish!

Regular Contributor

On 3/16/2014 ednapsych said:

Grilled chicken breasts on a bed of avacado/tomato/black beans/onion/cilantro salsa with side of broccoli...

Right up my alley....sounds like something I would love!

Honored Contributor

Hi alex! You will not believe it but I was just thinking about you last week and wondering how you are doing. I am having left overs from last nights Dinner out...Ribeye Oscar(crab-meat) and asparagus. I am putting a penne pasta in the oven for DH. Good to see ya!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Valued Contributor

On 3/16/2014 alexinflorida said:
On 3/16/2014 ednapsych said:

Right up my alley....sounds like something I would love!

I might throw in some rice too....my husband needs his carbs with dinner....

Honored Contributor

I am on a health kick too now that I wear my FitBit Zip.

So I'm off now to do 90 minutes of HARD uphill climbing and running on the treadmill...then for dinner -

Cheese and sauerkraut pierogi with sweet onions braised in butter...with a dollop of sour cream.

Trusted Contributor

Hi Alex! Smile

My niece is visiting and is cooking a turkey dinner with all the fixings, so not necessarily healthy, but we don't eat like this all the time.

Respected Contributor

Oh Alex....so good to see you....hope you are doing great! Are you still in Buffalo? You had quite a winter!!

I took out 2 turkey burgers with fresh mozzarella, spinach, onion and red pepper. I think I will leave both for DS with some veggies and/or a salad. I'll probably pick up some grilled chicken and make a salad to bring to work with me at 6p (that is...unless I can get someone to take my hours tonite{#emotions_dlg.devil2}).

Don't be a stranger. Smile

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy