Respected Contributor

Re: HE top loading washer--Help!

I also have the top loader Maytag and I am sorry I did not repair my last washing machine. I use the "bulky" for most of my washes. When I use the gentle cycle I add extra buckets of water to the wash. That seems to help even tho it is a real pain. Whoever designed these machines did not use them. I can barely reach in the bottom of the machine to get the wash out. I am too short at 5'3.

Respected Contributor

i have an he washer. the book tell you dry spots happen from the very high spin speed. my washer had a glass window and i watched it run entire cycles many times. my wife told me im nuts for watching it but clothes do circulate up in center work there way to tub and go down into wash water and come back up in center of washer. 

not trying to give you a hard time. just saying what i saw watching it.

Honored Contributor

I don't own a top HE washer, 

I went to a front load HE washer and love it.

Once I got use to how much soap to use. usually 1 TBSPoon + 1 tspoon of liquid laundry he soap for a load of clothes it is great, gets my clothes clean and all gets washed. my electric bill was lowered when i went from a regular washer to HE washer, i can wash in warm water again. when I washed with warm water in old washer my electric bill shot up high. it filled to top of washer with water, but it was lousy rinser washer, 1 minute rinser cycle had so much suds residue in my clothes it was horrible.

I was looking at the maytag HE top loader before I settled on my front loader. glad I didn't get that HE maytag, just something was nagging me not to purchase that machine.