Honored Contributor

Re: HAVE YOU PURCHSED FROM WISH?

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma, this is the first I've heard of them.   I looked online, and there's a fair amount of "unease" about the site.   Even the Wiki entry for Wish (company) / ContextLogic Inc.  has worrisome information (and there are sources cited to back up the information, but also note the disclaimers at the top):

"...Wish acts as a intermediary handling payments but does not stock the products themselves or manage returns. Wish is repeatedly listed as one of the leading platforms for selling counterfeit goods which has resulted in lawsuits by impacted brands....

Controversy: Many customers report having had poor experiences with Wish. Common complaints include counterfeit goods (a.k.a "knock-offs"), defective products and citing issues such as "products paid for and never received, and requests for returns and refunds ignored"..."

Here's the Better Business Bureau listing, with a red banner alert at the top about customer complaints.   You can read thousands of complaints there, too:

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/san-francisco/profile/ecommerce/wishcom-1116-443655

Since some of the posts on this thread are more positive than the online info I found, it sounds like the company is uneven and perhaps unpredictable.   I don't think I'd order from them, but that's merely a personal reaction at this point.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks to all of you for your input.  I am going to sit on the fence and if and when I decide to order from them it will be some kind of trinket to test the waters.  I definitely will not order clothes, handbags, etc..

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

No, and I would be leary. They pop up on my fb. I just think if something sounds to good to be true, it usually is.

Of course, I've been wrong before.