Honored Contributor

Re: HAS ANYONE USED A DIETICIAN-NUTRITIONIST

@catlover

Some insurance companies may not cover you seeing a dietitian, but may cover you seeing a nutritionist instead. The nutritionist has more college hours and typically a longer internship before receiving their license. 

HTH

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. 

You can do it!

Honored Contributor

@catlover

I think @LTT1 would be okay with me sharing this.  It sounds like it fits!

Respected Contributor

@catlover wrote:

I need to lose some weight-actually about 100 pounds or so-

I'm thinking of using a dietitian for help-not even sure if they take insurance.

I called one and she said-no-it's $225 for 1 hour consultation........

My previous post on feeling awful when I wake up has a lot to do with this.

I have to get a grip on this problem...

I feel so dumb, that I can't just go on a diet and lose the weight.

I lost over 100 pounds many years ago-but, I ate very little and walked a lot-5-6 miles per day and it worked.

harsh voice.jpg

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

I watched  "My 600 lb life". Thats what finally got me motivated.You have to be right in your mind. Dieting is a billion dollar business.  I have heard that WW is the only one that works.

Honored Contributor

@sweetee2 wrote:

I watched  "My 600 lb life". Thats what finally got me motivated.You have to be right in your mind. Dieting is a billion dollar business.  I have heard that WW is the only one that works.

WW isn't the only plan that works.  Many people have no success on WW just like they have no success on other plans.  WW has many people who are successful and then end up putting the weight back on, like happens with many other programs.  WW also have people who lose weight and keep it off, just like other programs.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: HAS ANYONE USED A DIETITIAN-NUTRITIONIST

@catlover, this link might me helpful to you.  I was recently reading a health journal that came across my desk and it suggested that people should see a Registered Dietitian, not a Nutritionist, when dealing with weightloss.  This link explains the difference.

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Dietitian_vs_Nutritionist