Trusted Contributor

Re: HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A 'PARANORMAL' EXPERIENCE?

When my sister was in college, she lived in the furnished basement in my grandparent's house. She started complaining that she was hearing the whispers of multiple voices which would wake her up in the middle of the night. She claimed it sounded like a crowd of people whispering, but she could never understand what they were saying. My family was very concerned that this was a sign of mental illness. About a week after it started happening, she left to go on vacation with her friends for the Fourth of July. I often spent the night at my grandparent's house in one of the upstairs bedrooms. They had more family visiting for the Fourth, so I was asked to stay in my sister's bedroom in the basement to accommodate the other guests. The evening of the Fourth, I awoke in the middle of the night. Since it was the basement, and the bedroom door was closed, it was pitch black. There were no windows. At first I thought I was dreaming, but soon realized I was wide awake. It sounded like something was happening in the next room. It was like people were whispering, sort of like how you'd imagine the sounds coming out of a room you were about to enter where people would jump out and scream, "Surprise! Happy Birthday!" It was like they were hushing each other. Suddenly, the whispering stopped altogether, and it was completely silent. About five seconds passed, and in the silence I hear, clear as day, a single, loud whisper say, "Wait, that's not her."
Honored Contributor

Okay Peter DM - you win the prize

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Peter DM ,did you tell your sister about your experience in the basement bedroom?  I'm sure it was a comfort to her to know she wasn't alone in the experience.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Peter DM ,did you tell your sister about your experience in the basement bedroom?  I'm sure it was a comfort to her to know she wasn't alone in the experience.

It was very strange, birdmama.  I remember telling my grandparents about it the next morning, and they got very angry with me. They accused me of lying, and told me not to talk about it.  When my sister came home from vacation, she had the same kind of reaction that my grandparents had.  She seemed to not want to talk about it, and sort of acted like it was old news and didn't want to discuss it.  It's like she wanted to pretend it never happened.  She lived there for years, and is now a writer for various paranormal websites.  She has a masters in psychology.  She's sort of well known in that world and frequently goes on ghost hunts, confererences, and is even a special contributing writer for CNN.  

Honored Contributor

HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A 'PARANORMAL' EXPERIENCE?

More experiences:

My maternal grandmother adored my eldest sister.  Seriously, sun rose and set on my sister from my grandma's perspective.  Ma owned the house grandma lived in.  Grandma died a month after my eldest sister got married.  Sister and her DH moved into the house that grandma lived in.  Flash forward to sister having first baby and about 18 months later.  My eldest niece used to stand up in her bed and baby talk and reach out to someone we couldn't see in her bedroom.  I think it was my grandma. 

So my sister and her DH buy a house down the street from us.  My sister, around holidays sees an old lady in her living room.  She's staring at the old lady, calls my Ma in a panic telling her about the old lady.  My Ma tells sister to tell the woman God Bless You and my Ma tells sister don't panic.  Lady only visits every once in a while around the holidays.

Eldest sister buys a house in the suburbs.  Ma buys eldest sister's house to keep in the family.  Me and middle sister move into it to be near parents as they were aging and City I lived it was getting more unsafe.

Me and middle sister decorate like nuts for every holiday.  Easter, Valentine's Day, you name it.  If there was a Hallmark holiday for it, we decorated.  I think that made the old lady in the house happy.  PS - Neighbors said old lady died of natural causes (unlike guy in the stairway - see my post above, who hanged himself).

So at that time my dog Max was alive.  No sighting of the old lady in the house for years.  All of a sudden my dog is standing in the doorway between the kitchen and living room, hair standing up on his back and not moving.  I look into the living room and see nothing.  I ask Max, honey what is it?  Tell momma (yea, like he could talk -lol).  So I call my Ma - not in a panic.  I say Max won't leave the kitchen and I don't see what's got him spooked.  Ma, calm as all get out says, it's probably the old lady who lived in the house.  I say, oh, okay and hang up.

I say, excuse me Misses.  If you can hear me, I know you loved your house.  We decorate for every single holiday and hope that you like what we do when we decorate.  Could you please not scare my dog?  Really, it's not cool - he don't understand you need to visit.  Max relaxed, came into the room to watch TV with me and it was over.

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

It was very strange, birdmama.  I remember telling my grandparents about it the next morning, and they got very angry with me. They accused me of lying, and told me not to talk about it.  When my sister came home from vacation, she had the same kind of reaction that my grandparents had.  She seemed to not want to talk about it, and sort of acted like it was old news and didn't want to discuss it.  It's like she wanted to pretend it never happened.  She lived there for years, and is now a writer for various paranormal websites.  She has a masters in psychology.  She's sort of well known in that world and frequently goes on ghost hunts, confererences, and is even a special contributing writer for CNN.  

Sometimes people are scared of things like the paranormal.  My Dad kind of thought it was a crock, but my Ma's side of the family looked at it like a natural occurrence and nothing to be afraid of.  Maybe your grandparents were scared.

Honored Contributor

When my sister was in college, she lived in the furnished basement in my grandparent's house. She started complaining that she was hearing the whispers of multiple voices which would wake her up in the middle of the night. She claimed it sounded like a **bleep**>

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The hair on my arms don't usually stand up.... but they did with this one!  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

My oldest son also "senses" things on occasion.  My Mother was living with us because my Father became very ill.  In the middle of that horror, my Mother was diagnosed with Lung Cancer.  We were told she might have 6 more months with us, but it was inoperable.  She died only 4 weeks after diagnosis.  However about two weeks into the four weeks, my son walked by her bedroom.and saw a black aura around my Mother's head (the aura is the energy eminating from a person).  In the morning he told me about it and said that Mom-Mom was going to die.  I said that yes but the doctor thinks we may have 6 months more.  He said you don't understand, she's going to die in to weeks.  Almost to the day she passed from a pulmonary embolism.  

Honored Contributor

to = two

Honored Contributor

Oh my Q4U .