Honored Contributor

Re: HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A 'PARANORMAL' EXPERIENCE?

I don't know if this would count as "paranormal," but when I was in the hospital last year for a surgical procedure on my back, they put me in what is called a "twilight sleep."  I was half awake and couldn't feel the pain during the procedure, but did feel the pressure.  I've had that type of anesthesia before and nothing weird ever happened.

When they wheeled me out of the OR into the recovery room, my three girls and a nurse were right there and quickly surrounded me.  They all said I kept saying "who is that fifth person over in the corner?" I don't remember this, but they all insisted I kept saying it.  They still say it definitely happened.

I had lost my beloved sister three years prior. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

This is second hand, but my best friend bought a vintage house in his old home town some years ago, where he now has moved permanently.

The owners when he was young were two elderly sisters who made cakes and sweets for parties. 

He reports that almost every night, there are sounds of people moving around the kitchen and using the oven and fridge.  I believe him, he doesn't even believe in ghosts, but thinks that he may have two of them--happy ghosts.

Honored Contributor

All the time. We have doors open by themselves (with no draft or anything to cause it) and our electronics turn themselves on or turn up the volume when no one is in the room. Never anything scary, tho. I'm convinced it's my brother who passed away after a car accident and he likes to 'punk' me, like he always did growing up!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The story in the OP freaks me OUT!!  I don't think I could continue to live in a house that things like that would happen!  My hands would be trembling too much to put a bolt in a door that I knew would open by itself.  NO way!!

Why doesn't she set up her phone nearby and video/record what happens?  I would, but I'd have someone ELSE look at the playback!

There was a thread on Beauty Banter a few years ago about this kind of stuff.  Lots of people had some really freaky stories.

Ones that stood out to me the most were where people were on road trips out west and American Indians would 'appear' and sometimes just walk out from behind walls that were like movie screens.  I can't remember exactly, but they scared the heck out of me!

Trusted Contributor

I owned a Bed and Breakfast. House was built in 1864. I have many stories I could write a book. Nothing bad just annoying. Fragile pictures on numerous walls would pull out from left side of frame Fall to the floor. Glass should have broken but perfect . I had about 20 pictutes in three year time span. Had a ceiling fan put up on third floor with light kit attached. Went up to room light was on floor not broken. It should have been if it fell. Just looked liked it was placed there. I went to an auction when I first bought the B+B . Bought some old photos and frames. Had a leak in pipe in cellar. Put old photo to catch drip. About a year later I was cleaning down there found old photo under pipe not a speck I'd water damage on photo. Turns out the photo was the original owner of house with family. Somehow through this auction I got this photo not knowing who it was thought it was a good leak catcher. I have this photo today framed in my home. I think the owner was trying to tell me something with the other pictures that kept falling. Get him out of the cellar. I was never afraid . We even named our ghost. Very true story. When I sold the B+B my husband said to me he never believed in ghosts but he does now! We made sure we took the family photo with us put it in a beautiful frame . No photos fell off our walls yet. I guess they are happy.
Respected Contributor

My uncle lived in an historical home built in the late 1700's.   It's on the state's historical register.

He used to hear footsteps in the upstairs libary  during the night.

All the pictures on the wall in one of the large living rooms would often *all* go crooked.  He'd straighten them, leave the room for a few minutes, and when he came back all the pics were crooked again.  

I was always afraid to sleep in that house.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Respected Contributor

I would have ran out of there quick lol! 

Honored Contributor

Love this thread ! I watch all this stuff on TV and listen to it on my roku too.

Sure don't want to see my mother in law again.

20pbuid.gif                                    f41367fd436954224633f444b63d1332fd1c2624.gif

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember my Grandmother relaying the story they she was sitting in her living room with other people and they heard what sounded like a brick hitting their home.  Just then they got a phone call stating that someone, a close relative, had just died.  They went outside and did not see anything that could have made that loud noise.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

More, more..........LOL