Contributor

HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A 'PARANORMAL' EXPERIENCE?

I recently paid a visit to a friend who just moved into a new house. During my visit  she described to me some strange things that are happening there.  She took me on a tour of the house and she had furnished all the rooms but one small one in the back of the house. She showed me the room and then proceeded to shut the door and lock it by putting a bolt  through a hasp on the door.  This was a really large bolt.  We finished the tour and went downstairs to have some tea and catch up on things.  She proceeded to tell me that sometimes her dog will whine and stare at something that she can't see.  She has found things out of place when she comes home from work and has wittnessed the lights being of when she knows she turned them off and off when she's left them on.  She has found her boots, which she has left at the kitchen door, stacked full to the top with dry dog food.  I must admit I felt a little "spooked" and decided that it was time for me to go home.  Before I left she told me to come back upstairs as there was something I had to see.  The door, which I saw her close with the bolt, was now wide open and the bolt was left neatly in the center of the room!  While we were downstairs having tea, I never heard anything hit the floor, or roll around.  The bolt she was using was relly large and heavy and would certainly have been heard hitting the floor.  She told me that this happens all the time.  She can't keep the door to that room closed.  I've never seen anything like that before.  Have any of you ever had any strange experiences?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A 'PARANORMAL' EXPERIENCE?

OMG, I would be out of there in a skinny minute!

Honored Contributor

I hope it's a friendly ghost!  You said it's a new house -- do you mean new or new to her?  This is really spooky.  Does she intend to stay there?

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Yes, the last one was a couple years ago.  I was standing on our front porch & it was eerily quiet outside, seriously I am not joking.  I saw my neighor walking down the street, towards his house.  Kakhi shirt, shorts, hat and his Santa Claus hair, so I knew it was him as he used to be a professional Santa..  Any who, I didn't say anything to anyone for a few days until I spoke to our neighbor across the street and in general conversation mentioned seeing Jack on Tuesday..  I thought he was going to fall backwards and said, "You didn't hear, Jack passed away last Sunday."  I absolutely started shaking in my shoes..  I hadn't had an occurrence in years.  and to this day I believe it was him going back home..  I'd swear on the Holy Bible and take a lie detector test too..  it was Jack... the hair was the give away..  and I saw his face..    then I wonder what kept me from yelling Hi to him... 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

No, thankfully I have not experienced anything like that...but a friend of mine has...she said she was never frightened....she would "talk" to "whoever" was doing it and eventually they would go away...said she encountered this in several different homes of friends....

creepy.....

Honored Contributor

I've never experienced anything like that.

I would never stay or visit a house like that.  Those things give me the creeps.

Honored Contributor

I just remembered an experience I had a few years ago.  I was standing at the kitchen sink washing breakfast dishes when I heard a very loud crash.  I dried my hands and looked for the source of the crash, thinking one of the dogs had gotten into something.  They had not. 

Finally, after looking for several minutes, I found the source of the "crash."  I have a photo of my late mother-in-law (who died in 2010) on the wall in the kitchen surrounded by other family treasures.  It's in an 11x14" frame and I discovered it on the floor.  The frame was in tact as was the photo and the glass was not broken or cracked. What I can't understand was the loudness of the photo when it fell. 

When I shared this information with DH and friends they told me it was her letting me know she was still there for me.  That gives me the shivers, but I accept it.  MIL was a wonderful, loving, caring woman who lived to be 95 years old.  I rehung the photo in the same location and everytime I look at it I remember that awesome experience.     

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Trusted Contributor

A very close friend of 10+ years passed away about 4 years ago. I miss her dearly. We both loved the music of Queen. When we took trips together Queen was always on the CD player in the car.

I was looking through some of my online files and began to re-read my memorial to her that I gave at her celebration of life. I barely got past the first sentence when the song You're My Best Friend by Queen started playing on the radio. OMG I could barely keep the tears from streaming out of my eyes and thinking "You're still near me."

I posted this on her Facebook page which is still up and one of her relatives posted back "It's a sign."  I know we hope that it is.

Esteemed Contributor

This is my experience and I swear it's true.  We had a much loved cat that went missing when our daughter was about 8.  After he was gone awhile she would tell me she saw Rocky sitting behind her in the full length mirror in her room. I'd tell her she only wished he was there but he wasn't. She said it often. One day as she was walking into the bathroom I saw Rocky follow her in.  He was kind of fuzzy and transparent,but it was him and I know what I saw. 

We found out later he had been hit by a car.  I learned two things: there are animal spirits and I'll never allow a cat outside again.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

When my son was little he would place a stuffed dog outside his bedroom door every night and I always put it away.One day he told me to leave it there because it was on guard duty.I asked him why and he told me that at night he would wake up and see an old man with blue eyes staring at him.I believe it was my Dad who passed away before DS was born.My dad was known for his beautiful blue eyes and those same eyes belong to my son.