Honored Contributor

Re: HAS ANYONE ELSE RECEIVED THEIR NEW SOCIAL SECURITY CARD???

It is not a Social Security Card, but is a Medicare Health Insurance card.  Rather than your social security number being listed on the card, your new Medicare number is now a combination of numbers and letters.  DH and I received our new cards this week.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

I just turned 65 and received my card last week.

Respected Contributor

I'm not holding my breath for it to come anytime soon.

Honored Contributor

I got a new Medicare card with a new #, but know nothing about a new SS number or card.
Super Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Don't you mean Medicare card ??????

The title of this thread should be edited.  Medicare cards are changing...

NOT Social Security cards.

Honored Contributor

I didn't know I was supposed to be expecting one.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

The thread title is definitely misleading and should be changed.  Having said that, just received my new MEDICARE card.  I've alreay laminated it, before it gets dog-earred!  And I've shredded the old one.  Thank heavens I don't have to hand out a card with my social security number on it, when asked for my insurance information any longer!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: HAS ANYONE ELSE RECEIVED THEIR NEW MEDICARE CARD???

[ Edited ]

LOL, this thread is proof positive that not everyone reads an entire thread before responding. Smiley Wink

i am not on medicare yet, but my mom and my ex have not received their new ones yet and we are in one of the states where they are being released this month.

*NOTE: anyone can change the name of the thread within their own post as i did.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Ours came in today's mail.  We live in Pennsylvania.  Our last names starts with K.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

New Medicare Cards Are Coming

If you receive Medicare, you will be getting a new Medicare card in the mail. To help prevent fraud and fight identity theft, Medicare is removing Social Security Numbers from Medicare cards. Your new card will have a new Medicare Number that's unique to you.

When are new cards being mailed?

Medicare will be mailing new red, white, and blue paper Medicare cards between April 2018 and April 2019. Card mailings will be staggered, so the timing will depend on your geographical location.

Newly eligible people will begin receiving the new cards starting in April. The following table from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services shows when Medicare will be mailing cards to existing Medicare recipients. You can check the status of card mailings in your area on medicare.gov/newcard.

Wave

#

States Included in Wave

Cards Mailing

Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia

Beginning May 2018

Alaska, American Samoa, California, Guam, Hawaii, Northern Mariana Islands, Oregon

Beginning May 2018

Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Wisconsin

After June 2018

Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont

After June 2018

Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina

After June 2018

Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming

After June 2018

Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Puerto Rico, Tennessee, Virgin Islands

After June 2018