Respected Contributor

Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Trusted Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving! @Tinkrbl44, thanks so much for the great laugh!

Honored Contributor

Hi everybody,

Related image

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I hope everyone enjoys the holiday and stays safe.  For all who have lost loved lones, I know this is a very difficult time of the year.  I have been weeping on and off for 2 days.  I am grateful for what I have and most of all, for my loving husband.  It's just so hard to lose someone who was such an integral part of each and every occasion and holiday that you can remember and now they are gone.  I am trying my best fo think of past times and feel happiness for them.  I know we have to accept changes as this is part of life and we need to find joy and contentment in every day that we are given.

(((@AngelPuppy1))),   I understand...   I've been there, too, and I know other posters can understand.    I think the most helpful thing I learned, 'way back when I was 17 years old and my beloved father passed away at Thanksgiving, was to try and use the holidays to celebrate his life on each holiday and special day and to allow his spirit and gifts to be eternal by carrying his spirit and gifts forward in my life to the best of my ability.    I've lost so many loved ones since then, the most recent last week.   We don't get over the grief, but we do get through it.   You are a wonderful and inspirational testament to and reflection of the magnificence of those you loved who have passed away -- I hope you know that.   We can make new memories as time goes by.   It's not easy, not at all.   The tears still well up and the wishes will always remain that we could have them with us now...  the longing to know what a few more days with them would've been like.   I hear your pain and sadness, and I offer you my prayers for solace, for peace, and for better days to come.❤️   (I'm sorry to go on at length, but saw your post and felt moved to reply.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Thank you, @LilacTree!   I hope you had a good day.   I'm so sorry you're dealing with even more pain.    You're in my prayers and thoughts, daily.    Please take gentle care of yourself.❤️

Hope everyone reading and posting here had a lovely day.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I hope everyone enjoys the holiday and stays safe.  For all who have lost loved lones, I know this is a very difficult time of the year.  I have been weeping on and off for 2 days.  I am grateful for what I have and most of all, for my loving husband.  It's just so hard to lose someone who was such an integral part of each and every occasion and holiday that you can remember and now they are gone.  I am trying my best fo think of past times and feel happiness for them.  I know we have to accept changes as this is part of life and we need to find joy and contentment in every day that we are given.

(((@AngelPuppy1))),   I understand...   I've been there, too, and I know other posters can understand.    I think the most helpful thing I learned, 'way back when I was 17 years old and my beloved father passed away at Thanksgiving, was to try and use the holidays to celebrate his life on each holiday and special day and to allow his spirit and gifts to be eternal by carrying his spirit and gifts forward in my life to the best of my ability.    I've lost so many loved ones since then, the most recent last week.   We don't get over the grief, but we do get through it.   You are a wonderful and inspirational testament to and reflection of the magnificence of those you loved who have passed away -- I hope you know that.   We can make new memories as time goes by.   It's not easy, not at all.   The tears still well up and the wishes will always remain that we could have them with us now...  the longing to know what a few more days with them would've been like.   I hear your pain and sadness, and I offer you my prayers for solace, for peace, and for better days to come.❤️   (I'm sorry to go on at length, but saw your post and felt moved to reply.)

@dooBdoo

Thank you so, so much for your wonderful message!  It truly touched me --- made me feel better and know that I am not alone.  There is no easy way to get through these things.  Time, I suppose does help a bit.  I am blessed that I had the most amazing mother in the world.  I guess it makes you stop and realize that as we get older, time goes faster and faster and we are not guaranteed anything.  So, make the most of each day, cherish each person that you love, and yes ---- carry on the traditions that were so important to your loved ones.  Be mindful of all the good in your life.  Blessings to you!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@dooBdoo

Thank you so, so much for your wonderful message!  It truly touched me --- made me feel better and know that I am not alone.  There is no easy way to get through these things.  Time, I suppose does help a bit.  I am blessed that I had the most amazing mother in the world.  I guess it makes you stop and realize that as we get older, time goes faster and faster and we are not guaranteed anything.  So, make the most of each day, cherish each person that you love, and yes ---- carry on the traditions that were so important to your loved ones.  Be mindful of all the good in your life.  Blessings to you!!!!  

You're welcome, @AngelPuppy1.   Thank you for this beautiful reply.   I needed that today...  you're a delight.   Blessings to you, too.❤️