Honored Contributor

Re: HAPPY HANUKKAH, EVERYONE

@Shanus wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@MickD wrote:

Happy Chanukah! I am of the Jewish faith.... my son and husband are Catholic......I have blue and white lights on the tree to tonight!  It all works!

Hi @MickD  Smiley Happy 

My dear friend is in a interfaith marriage, just like yours. 

She has red, green, blue and white lights on her tree.  

For years, I've been giving her ornaments, personal to her, for her tree.  I've given her a Star of David, menorah, Torah,  dreidel, mezuzah, etc. 

They hang with snowman, colored balls, ornaments her kids made and ornaments to commemorate her children's Catholic  sacraments.  

As in your home, it all works!  The tree looks fabulous and is filled with memories of all the family members and their faiths. 

This weekend, we made latkes together. They were delicious!  This week, we are making Xmas cookies together.   She'll go home with a tin for her family. 

It all works.........and it works well. Smiley Happy 

@dmod nj  DH and I are both Jewish, but son and daughter married Catholic spouses. Since they came home for T’giving or Hanukkah/Christmas, we started having an artificial tree (this year a newer one w/ LED lights). We have Hanukkah ornaments, china beagles, UNC Tarheel (our school where we graduated & met) mascots, etc. When our granddaughters were born, our son & dil are raising them Jewish, but they enjoy making dreidels, Hanukkah 🕎 pictures and hanging them each year. Of course, they sign & date each one for future keepsakes. 

Hi @Shanus Smiley Happy 

Your tree sounds wonderful......full of everything meaningful to your family!    

The keepsakes your granddaughters are making will so be appreciated as they grow up.   It will seem like yesterday for everyone. Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Does anyone know the reason for the two different spellings of Hanukkah or Chanukah?

I think it's simply the translation from the Hebrew with the differences in pronunciation of H and the hard CH. There is no right or wrong way to spell it in English.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Wishing everyone a happy Chanukah!

Thank you @Oznell for starting this thread, and for your kind wishes.

Thank you everyone!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

@MickD wrote:

Happy Chanukah! I am of the Jewish faith.... my son and husband are Catholic......I have blue and white lights on the tree to tonight!  It all works!

Hello. @MickD ~ your tree sounds so beautiful!! As does your family harmony. 💙💙💙

A joyous holiday season to you, yours and all here! 

C89E23FE-CC94-4585-93F3-B0A59E335955.jpeg

To all observing the wonderful Festival of Lights! 

Regular Contributor

47128036_2090258640995208_8733678003411746816_n.jpg

Regular Contributor

Happy Hanukkah! We celebrate Hanukkah and Christmas. I like when they are at different times in December. Our Hanukkah Party:47128036_2090258640995208_8733678003411746816_n.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Beautiful, warm and festive layout, @Addie2118! 😊

Thanks for sharing your party with us. 

Honored Contributor

Lovely, @Addie2118!