Honored Contributor

Re: HALLOWEEN IS COMING !

@mtc wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Oh fun, @mtc !

I hadn't seen that guy before.

Ah my west coast friend what you have missed out on through the decades . . . tee hee, this was hands down one of the funniest shows during that timeslot but i have to say I am bummed that a rubber chicken is not available for sale as it was so important to the original show . . . Smiley Happy

@mtc

Rubber chickens are important to many things in life, including political fundraisers.

(I hope everybody gets that joke...)

Honored Contributor

Hey, @Noel7 - circa 1950's!  The speakers make great end tables.  The turntable and radio do work, but we use the player on top!image.jpeg

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

TALE OF WOE

Years ago, I started buying tapes of all the old classic Halloween movies I could get my hands one.

So now... I don't think I could get a tape player to work with the new equipment. 

Comcast made us get their new smart cable box, but it didn't work with our main TV, so we bought a new TV.  The new box didn't work with that, so they sent us ANOTHER even smarter box.

Now I basically can't get any of our old electronics to work with pretty much anything.  I keep our Sony record player because I have a fantastic collection of old records, even those that belonged to my parents.

@MickD

@mtc

Oh @Noel7 I will be shortly switching back to AT&T as Comcast has been beyond a disaster for me I am really done with them (despite of their commercials where they are customer focused, that has not been my experience and I am pretty easy going).

I am not surprised to hear this as they completely lied to me about the package I thought I agreed to (thank goodness it isn't tied to a contract) and they keep making mistake after mistake and I am tired of speaking with them on no less than a monthly basis to straighten out either service or the monthly bill.

At least with AT&T we agreed upon a price and service and we were done . . . I truly think I would rather have nothing in lieu of Comcast it's that bad . . . Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@Noel7 - I hear ya about the old stuff!  My DH bought a duel Panasonic vhs/dvd player off of the Internet as we have so many vhs tapes and home movies .....that I need to convert.  Anyway, we also bought a turntable/cassette player/dvd player too.....just can't give up the old albums....a lot of collector items!

@MickD

Good for your DH!   Love Sony and Panasonic.  I've kept the old tapes too, from when my girl was little.  I don't like the idea of turning them over for conversion, so many people have lost their stuff that way, somebody screws it up along the way.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

Hey, @Noel7 - circa 1950's!  The speakers make great end tables.  The turntable and radio do work, but we use the player on top!image.jpeg

Oh, I love that @MickD !  I kept our Sony CD player all these years, it was one of the first smaller ones they came out with.  When we had to take the TV/electronics system apart for the new cable box, DD tried to talk me into dumping the CD player.  I was horrified, I can stack five CDs into it to automatically play, which makes it great for Christmas music.  It's been sitting in the back room, waiting for me to decide.  I'm keeping it, just made up my mind Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 & @mtc - we have Comcast.....gurrr.  We bought a new tv a couple years ago and couldn't play from our DVD player, and couldn't get internet....anyway DH gave up after days of talking to a rep.    About a year later he had a light bulb moment and rewired everything how he thought it should've been to begin with....he almost returned our tv as Comcast said it was the tv....no it was Comcast.....and don't get me started on all those little boxes...I press 7 and get 67 or whatever!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@Noel7 - See....ya never know when you'll need the good ol electronic systems.....I don't have that stacker function....just one at a time....I wish I did especially during the holidays...then I could mix it up.

Honored Contributor

@mtc wrote:

Oh @Noel7 I will be shortly switching back to AT&T as Comcast has been beyond a disaster for me I am really done with them (despite of their commercials where they are customer focused, that has not been my experience and I am pretty easy going).

I am not surprised to hear this as they completely lied to me about the package I thought I agreed to (thank goodness it isn't tied to a contract) and they keep making mistake after mistake and I am tired of speaking with them on no less than a monthly basis to straighten out either service or the monthly bill.

At least with AT&T we agreed upon a price and service and we were done . . . I truly think I would rather have nothing in lieu of Comcast it's that bad . . . Smiley Sad

@mtc

I know where you're coming from, sister!  The problem here is that ATT is worse.  We've had trouble for years, especially with the computer hook-up.  We had scratchy phone lines for years, they kept coming out, checking the outside lines and the inside connections.  After years, all of a sudden it was better, I don't know what it was.

But now we have trouble with the computer hook up, it drops wifi on and off every day.  I have a desk top but I have to keep unhooking and rehooking the power cord on the router.

Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@Noel7 - See....ya never know when you'll need the good ol electronic systems.....I don't have that stacker function....just one at a time....I wish I did especially during the holidays...then I could mix it up.

@MickD

I know where you can get one!

DD found one at Target last week, I'll look for it for you! 

Honored Contributor

@MickD

Oh, nuts.  Here it is but it doesn't get good reviews.

http://www.target.com/p/rca-300w-5-cd-bluetooth-shelf-music-sytem-black-rs2867b/-/A-15120702?sid=258...

The good news is, someone is still making them.  I don't get why that wouldn't be a great seller, who wants to switch CDs every time?