Honored Contributor

H247131-Valerie Parhill's outdoor Flickering Flame Lantern

[ Edited ]

I got this lantern almost 2 years ago for about 29.95. I think it was aTSV and I bought it when Rick presented it. I do love it and the battery amazingly lasts about 3 months. It comes on every night when dark using solar I believe.

Anyway today it is now $64.95!

And it is being marketed as "New."

I think that is inexcusable and just wanted to give anyone a heads up.

I'm really glad I got it then and wish they would give others the same fair price! I did think then that $29.95 was a great price for that. Maybe they thought it was too great a price.

(it doesn't come with the metal bucket. It is a stake that goes in ground or a bucket).

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

Re: H247131-Valerie Parhill's outdoor Flickering Flame Lantern

[ Edited ]

It looks like a very nice lantern. Am sure QVC's costs have gone way up just like everyone elses's so they are passing that on to their customers. I personally wouldn't pay $64.95 for it. You got a very good buy when you bought it. 

Honored Contributor

I find the price of everything is different (more) than it was two years ago.

Respected Contributor

i like it, but it's too victorian looking for me. I would love to see a more modern design. You got a fab price!

Trusted Contributor

I purchased an almost identical lantern at Walmart last year for $25.99, and it is a plug-in lantern which I like. It's bronze finished, 4feet high, its in a square bronze planter, has greenery, lights, and red berries at the top of the planter, and the planter has cutouts which let the light shine through. If anyone is interested, it as stocked every year with Christmas items. Sorry to knock QVC, but you'll find amazing items in the Christmas Shop identical to QVC, but with better.prices. It's worth the trip if you've never been there.