Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

love how the kids now a days don't realize we were YOUNG ONCE.

we did the same stuff as they are doing now a days just earlier time.

We are a little bit younger than when the dinosaeurs roamed the earth and we didn't travel around in a covered wagon  LOLOLOL

@viva923   Well, I for one didn't have a fixation with a cell phone!  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@vermint : I was the odd kid in the neighborhood because I liked Paul Revere & The Raiders , Tommy Roe, Freddy Weller and Billy Joe Royal. I listen to the local radio station and won several 45 records from the ones listed. Attended two concerts: PR&R and Billy Joe Royal. Spoke with Billy Joe before he got on his tour bus. Southern Bee 

Respected Contributor

@viva923   The REALLY funny thing is the kids don't know some of their "hits" are remakes of OUR hits that are remakes of our Parents hits. 

Still, it seems that todays singers are all about hitting the notes of the remakes not singing from the heart.

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee 

@SouthernBee wrote:

@vermint : I was the odd kid in the neighborhood because I liked Paul Revere & The Raiders , Tommy Roe, Freddy Weller and Billy Joe Royal. I listen to the local radio station and won several 45 records from the ones listed. Attended two concerts: PR&R and Billy Joe Royal. Spoke with Billy Joe before he got on his tour bus. Southern Bee 

Yes! I liked all those too! Did you watch "Where the Action Is"? It was a ****** Clark show, came on every weekday afternoon, and a lot of those folks were regulars on it. It was must see TV for me, lol! The show also did concert tours and I got to see all of them at one time. You were lucky to speak with Billy Joe!

Honored Contributor

@vermint : loved  Where the Action Is- except my grandmother watched soap operas and we had to alternate days watching programs. Also , PR& Raiders were at a local night club my freshman year in college and my brother persuaded Mom to let me go with him but on one condition had to promise Mom that I would only drink a soda. First and last time ever went to a night club. A neighbor that had just purchased her first car - treated me to go with her and see Sam the Sham (sp) group. I was a patient in a cripple children clinic and the had a special event with the special quest was Jonathan from Dark Shadows- I was speechless when entered the room and he was coming in the opposite doorway. Special memories. Southern Bee 

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee  Special memories for sure! Jonathan Frid did a parade event in our town. My daddy (bless him) loaded up our car with my 2 brothers, me, and some of our friends and took us downtown to see him. One of my brother's friends grabbed his own throat as Mr. Frid passed us...he saw it and made a "vampire" face at him. We were thrilled!

Honored Contributor

@vermint : Yep: Bless your Dad. That was a special day for you and everyone. Mr. Frid was very kind and gave much special attention to group of cripple and low income kids. The doctor took my leg brace off before the event and I was limping but determined to go. Wasn’t able to get his autograph or photo but happy to attend. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

Every once in awhile I'll come across one of those Time-Life commercials selling dvd's of old time artists.  I can recognize just about every one of those songs, no matter the category.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Every once in awhile I'll come across one of those Time-Life commercials selling dvd's of old time artists.  I can recognize just about every one of those songs, no matter the category.

@depglass   Thank you for getting this thread back on topic.