Esteemed Contributor

Nice post! Way to go! And same here. I know the words to every song from way back (but cant remember where i put things. lol) And I love Havana too and listen to top 40 now days music too (mostly because of my grandkids). Yes  I am a grandmother of 21, 19, and 15 yr old granddaughters! Music is a big part of my life too.. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I remember every word to practically every 80’s hair band song after not hearing them for 30 years, but forget where I put my phone.

Woman LOL

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

I can relate to the posts because I too remember words to songs decades ago.  Music was and is such a big part of our lives and it all bring back memories and takes us back to different times and places..  Sometimes it is difficult for me to hear certain songs which remind me of people who have passed.

Every decade had meaningful music for me and I love to listen to oldies, not so old and all types of music.  It is generational and funny how the kids think because we are a certain age we shouldn't know words to songs!!!!  

I know the words and who did the songs, even the one time wonders in some cases.  As they say music is universal and it doesn't matter your taste, it is all good and brings us so many feelings and memories.

Honored Contributor

@bmorechick   I think that would be Help!

Great to "meet" another Beatles fan!

To the poster above who wrote she thinks she knows every word to every Beatles song - I may be able to say that now but not before my internet access, which allows me to look up the lyrics to Beatles songs.   Their Liverpool accents made me not be able to make out every word of every song until I got to look up those I could never quite make out.  

I still have issues with what the heck foreign langue-sounding words John is singing in Across the Universe!

Esteemed Contributor

I could listen to a song 1,000 times and I can't even remember one line. What is that???

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I remember every word to practically every 80’s hair band song after not hearing them for 30 years, but forget where I put my phone.

@SurferWife 

“Cheer up sleepy dreamer ... “

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor
My friend won tickets to a Monkees concert when they were at the top of their popularity....it was on a school night so I had to beg my mother to let me go....the warm-up act was the couple with weird clothes....we had never heard of them....Sonny & Cher!
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@SurferWife 

I love that genre, too. I’m still in love with Jon Bon Jovi!

Respected Contributor

Rod Stewart's "Maggie May" puts me right back in high school, every time!

In my tween years, I was a huge Paul Revere & The Raiders fan (Mark Lindsay, sigh!), along with the Monkees. Never really got into the Beatles until I was in my 30's. Oh, and Neil Diamond! Some of his early stuff was truly amazing. While I loved his music, I didn't really appreciate it until I was in my 30's, either.

Honored Contributor

love how the kids now a days don't realize we were YOUNG ONCE.

we did the same stuff as they are doing now a days just earlier time.

We are a little bit younger than when the dinosaeurs roamed the earth and we didn't travel around in a covered wagon  LOLOLOL