Highlighted
Respected Contributor

So Im watching the Yankees/Orioles game here and a Google commercial comes on with the Beatles singing HELP in the background. So of course I break out in song and of course I remember every word. My 24 year old says how do you know that song like that? I said oh baby, you guys aren’t the only ones who know songs word for word...I even know some of your current tunes word for word...such as “Havana” (love it, dance to it in kitchen💃).  He says Cool...yeah I wasn’t always your mom!

Super Contributor

Way to go Mom!!

Respected Contributor

I don’t often listen to oldies often because I immediately am transported to that time, and I can get lost in the experience. But I know every word, too! Recently, for the first time in years, I happened across the Monkees’ Daydream Believer. I lost myself in singing, and I was transported back in time. I knew exactly where I was — driving home from high school on Ladue Road. It was a super happy time in my life, and I felt thd joy all over again.

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE  if only I could hide 'neath the wings of the bluebird as she sings.

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@libbyannE  if only I could hide 'neath the wings of the bluebird as she sings.

@AuntG 

...the 6 o’clock alarm would never ring.

Esteemed Contributor

..for a daydream believer and a hooomecoming Queen. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I think I know every word to every Beatle song ever written. Not so much other bands songs....mostly the Beatle songs.  I would spend hour upon hour listening to my 45 records and the albums on my record player.  

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE ...Oh I loved the Monkees' as well.  I am not a big music lover but I do enjoy listening to the 60's...my place in time.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@libbyannE ...Oh I loved the Monkees' as well.  I am not a big music lover but I do enjoy listening to the 60's...my place in time.

Oh yes, @Mom2Dogs !  Me too. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I remember every word to practically every 80’s hair band song after not hearing them for 30 years, but forget where I put my phone.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.