Honored Contributor

Gymnast Simone Biles Defies Gravity!

Defying gravity! Gymnast Simone Biles performs 'INSANE' vault that no female athlete has EVER landed - as she gets set to compete for the first time in 18 months ahead of Tokyo 2021

• The 24-year-old four-time Olympic gold medalist was filmed practicing her Yurchenko double pike vault while training for Saturday's U.S. Classic 
  • Simone is preparing to compete the vault for the first time at this weekend's meet - which will make her the first female gymnast to ever do so 
  • During podium training on Friday, she pulled off a near-perfect execution of the incredibly risky vault, which has only ever been competed by men 
  • A Yurchenko, named after Russian gymnast Natalia Yurchenko, begins with a single flip, but Simone has increased the difficulty by adding a second flip
  • The double flip makes the vault incredibly dangerous, leaving athletes at risk of head or neck injuries if they fail to achieve enough rotation in the air 
  • Simone has been filmed practicing the vault at her home gym in Texas, however she is planning to perform it in competition for the first time tomorrow
  • Video footage of Simone's vault has quickly gone viral on social media after being shared by former Olympian Nastia Liukin, who branded it 'insane'. 

Gymnast Simone Biles has well and truly cemented her GOAT status after pulling off a near-perfect execution of a vault so difficult and risky to perform that no female athlete has ever attempted to land it in competition. 

The 24-year-old four-time Olympic gold medalist was caught on camera practicing her Yurchenko double pike during podium training for this weekend's U.S. Classic meet, which will mark Simone's first competition in more than 18 months. 

In video footage taken on Friday, Simone somehow manages to make the vault look almost effortless, giving little indication of just how complex and dangerous a maneuver it is to complete. 

Simone Biles Yurchenko Double Pike During GK U.S. Classic Training Session - YouTube

YOU GO GIRL!!
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Re: Gymnast Simone Biles Defies Gravity!

Oh WOW!

She gives me goosebumps!  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

download (3).jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom Simone is a powerhouse!  I saw this clip this morning on NBC, she is like a slinky.

GO USA!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom   Thanks for posting!

A. MAZ. ING!  😲 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Simone Biles is a role model in so many ways.  She has pushed forward the sport of gymnastics and made history!  It is so uplifting to watch such an athlete accomplish these goals.  Her strength and drive make us proud, women power!!!!!!  I wish her the best!!!!

Valued Contributor

She's an incredible woman!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

Simone Biles is a role model in so many ways.  She has pushed forward the sport of gymnastics and made history!  It is so uplifting to watch such an athlete accomplish these goals.  Her strength and drive make us proud, women power!!!!!!  I wish her the best!!!!

^^^THHIS

I've often wondered what gives some women drive to achieve and others just settle?

Honored Contributor

I watched that this morning, she's incredible. The US Classic is on today on one of the NBC channels, check your listings.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

Amazing!  This young lady appears to have super powers.