Respected Contributor

Re: Gunshot Wound First Aid Classes for 8-18 Year-Olds

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Another thread on trying to take firearms away from law abiding citizens. Never a thread on how Chicago had a very violent weekend again. Never a thread on how they can improve their lives by having to be held accountable, how they can improve their lives by having fathers in the home, by getting drugs off the streets, by having morals and many more points to a complex issue. 

@Nancy Drew  Which gun control proposals ever tried to take firearms away from law abiding citizens?

Do you belived that the Federal government is coming to your door to confiscate your firearms?

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Another thread on trying to take firearms away from law abiding citizens. Never a thread on how Chicago had a very violent weekend again. Never a thread on how they can improve their lives by having to be held accountable, how they can improve their lives by having fathers in the home, by getting drugs off the streets, by having morals and many more points to a complex issue. 

Some like to believe that if every gun just suddenly disappeared the world's  problems would be solved. 

@CrazyDaisy 

And those same "some" also think adding more laws with get criminals(which mean they are already law breakers) are going to care about breaking another law?

No, it effects a law abiding individual, who wishes to protect his family and loved ones. Anyone that pays even a few minutes a week listening to any newscast, knows what is happening to law enforcement officers.  If not, they are disappearing from their professions by the thousands.

What does that mean in terms of one's safety?  Like my heart attacks, minutes meant my living or dying. Time is of the essence in many criminal situations.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

@Nancy Drew 

Certain areas of our country refuse to even acknowledge these types of crimes. I am talking about those in a position to do something to do something about it.

Anyone that chooses to read the statistics that address, whom directly is killing whom, I would think would more thoroughly understand what is really happening.

I am not a parent, but I was a child, and I do recognize how important my mother made in the direction I decided to take in my life. 

Many I grew up with in Public Housing Projects, without a father, took the other direction. How their lives went was pretty much what I expected. Crime/prison/crime/prison and death.

Children having children, and without a father in the home?  Statistic are easy to find how a majority of those 1-2-3 generation to live in poverty and crime.

Guns have very little to do with the environment in which a child is raised in a conventional family upbringing. Too many missing dads in my book.

hckynut 

@hckynut  I disagree completely but we have disagreed on the gun issue for years here.

We will agree to disagree and let it go at that.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@hckynut  The thugs are the ones doing the killings. Why aren't they in jail? Hmmm. As for the people in the projects having no Dad around? I don't know how that can be changed except no more kids. Birth control.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@hckynut  The thugs are the ones doing the killings. Why aren't they in jail? Hmmm. As for the people in the projects having no Dad around? I don't know how that can be changed except no more kids. Birth control.

That's why they don't want to focus on that as it's a complicated issue. Much easier to blame an inanimate object for all the crime.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

@NicksmomESQ 

With which part of my perspective do you disagree? "The inanimate object part", or "it takes a human to activate any of them", in this case, specifically a gun?

hckynut 

@hckynut  All of it,period!! You have your view & I have mine!! 

Honored Contributor

@Mersha 

Ok then. I do however wish those that disagree would be more specific in, and on what exactly, they are disagreeing with for me.  

I think we all can agree all guns are inanimate objects. If not that?  We can agree on nothing for sure. No need to respond, I am just putting this out there for anyone that wants to use, exact specificity, not general terms, and discuss what and where we disagree. 

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Mersha 

Ok then. I do however wish those that disagree would be more specific in, and on what exactly, they are disagreeing with for me.  

I think we all can agree all guns are inanimate objects. If not that?  We can agree on nothing for sure. No need to respond, I am just putting this out there for anyone that wants to use, exact specificity, not general terms, and discuss what and where we disagree. 

hckynut 

If people would clearly articulate what they agree or  disagree with it would be much easier to have a civil conversation about a number of issues.  

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ 

My experience growing up in Public Housing Projects was a learning experience. I wasn't aware at my young age why brothers and sisters had different last names.

It didn't seem important so I didn't ask. What I did notice however was this. The mothers that "worked", like my mother and very few others? Our family size never grew. The mothers that stayed home,  family sizes continued to grow.

At that age I didn't understand or care about it. But at age 12 when I started working with US Air Force men?  I learned the how about family size, and different last names. My Catholic school didn't talk about those things.

To think 14-15 year old kids having kids won't create dependency and a higher chance of living in poverty! When over 70% of births are out of wedlock? Yep, I think birth control might be an important issue.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nancy Drew wrote:

@Nancy Drew   @NicksmomESQ   

If you are speaking to me, or about my comment above, you have totally mis-read, and misinterpreted my comments.  So, I will respond to your comments.

I am NOT trying to take guns AWAY from anyone!  STOP.

I do NOT want ANYONE's guns. STOP

What I want is ALL high capacity Magazines OUT of the hands of ALL of

the General Public.  That is something we can do now.

The second does NOT grant the right to have High Capacity.

They were designed for Military use in taking out large numers.

Anyone who can't procure meat for their family W/O using one of these, is TOO poor a shot to have a gun.

(I will make no further reply to this comment, as with so many topics, many can not bother to hear another's comments, and just continue shouting their own slogans.)  

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras