Honored Contributor

Re: Gunshot Wound First Aid Classes for 8-18 Year-Olds

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

How sad that things have come to this. Instead of getting rid of the guns 

@NicksmomESQ 

Guns like all inanimate objects take someone, usually a human, to activate. I said it awhile back in another post and thread: "I have my gun sitting within easy reach at home at all times. It has yet to start shooting on its own". 

Perspective please. Inanimate objects are not the cause, that would be humans.

hckynut 

@hckynut  @Drythe  I respectfully 100% disagree with your perspective.

@NicksmomESQ  

Respectfully, you and I disagree on this matter.

If you ever see a gun rise up off the table and fire it's self, with NO human involvement, please tag me.  People with guns kill.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe  Yes , we absolutely disagree!! I'm sick & tired of people being shot on a daily basis. IMO If that gun you speak of can be lifted off the table & kill then it shouldn't be there in the first place.

God bless & goodnight.I'm stepping out of the conversation.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Drythe  Yes , we absolutely disagree!! I'm sick & tired of people being shot on a daily basis. IMO If that gun you speak of can be lifted off the table & kill then it shouldn't be there in the first place.

God bless & goodnight.I'm stepping out of the conversation.

@NicksmomESQ 

I’m sick of it too.  That’s my point, people with guns kill people.  

It takes both, but we keep making excuses.

peace

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

And, this can make us all feel safer and so much better knowing the school children are trained to give emergency care to classmates and teachers when another mass shooter shows up. I know how frustrated the AMA is that they're forbidden to study the culture of gun violence in the United States, and they want to offer something that might help save lives.  They see the carnage of these massacres and know nothing will change until we change the addiction to weapons of mass destruction....guns.  If Sandy Hook didn't thaw the hearts of those who demand "guns, guns, guns" everywhere with no restrictions then nothing will.  Those babies had their heads blown off.

Esteemed Contributor

@Cherylou How about the sniper in Vegas?  He killed a lot of people and then like a coward, killed himself too.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life