Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,642
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Gunman in Antioch, TN Movie Theatre


@brii wrote:

Why do you feel the need to mentiont that you "carry" all the time.  Is it like a bragging thing?

 

 


See?  It's how you perceive everything, Brii.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,126
Registered: ‎06-20-2010

Re: Gunman in Antioch, TN Movie Theatre


@MJ12 wrote:

@brii wrote:

Why do you feel the need to mentiont that you "carry" all the time.  Is it like a bragging thing?

 

 


See?  It's how you perceive everything, Brii.  Smiley Happy


LOL

 

Guilty as charged!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,126
Registered: ‎06-20-2010

Re: Gunman in Antioch, TN Movie Theatre


@LilacTree wrote:

@brii wrote:

Why do you feel the need to mentiont that you "carry" all the time.  Is it like a bragging thing?

 

 


And what good would it do if you had a gun and someone sitting behind you in a theater shot you in the back of the head?

 

That's what happened to the two young women who were killed in the previous theater killing.

 

I don't carry a gun.

 

Even if I did, if someone shot me from behind, I doubt it would do me any good. 


 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,758
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Gunman in Antioch, TN Movie Theatre

[ Edited ]

MSNBC:  7:00 (est) pm, Jury verdict will be released regarding Aurora, Colorado theatre shooting deaths.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,450
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Gunman in Antioch, TN Movie Theatre


@MyGirlsMom wrote:

MSNBC:  7:00 (est) pm, Jury verdict will be released regarding Aurora, Colorado theatre shooting deaths.


Yes, I just heard that on the radio.  I'm in Denver, so it's in my back yard.  We'll see...

Honored Contributor
Posts: 26,549
Registered: ‎12-17-2012

Re: Gunman in Antioch, TN Movie Theatre


@brii wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@brii wrote:

Why do you feel the need to mentiont that you "carry" all the time.  Is it like a bragging thing?

 

 


And what good would it do if you had a gun and someone sitting behind you in a theater shot you in the back of the head?

 

That's what happened to the two young women who were killed in the previous theater killing.

 

I don't carry a gun.

 

Even if I did, if someone shot me from behind, I doubt it would do me any good. 


 


Perhaps if the person near them had theirs he/she could have made a difference.  Perhaps he/she could have stopped the gunman then and there. 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,580
Registered: ‎06-15-2015

Re: Gunman in Antioch, TN Movie Theatre



 


 

You go first. LOL

 

I recall seeing this particular shoot out unfolding and the aftermath in real time on tv about 2 summers back.

 

Sorry, Mr. John, but people are caught in crossfire almost every day. Pick up any newspaper.

 

 

 

Lila Belle,

 

 

OK, here I go.

 

I remember seeing the shooting by the police in New York on tv some time back. Nine bystanders, I think it was 9, were injured from Police Fire. That is hardly a gunman. I told my wife about that one because they actually had video on a surveillance video of it.

 

Now that is something for the NYPD to take up with their officers. Maybe more time at the shooting range? Or maybe better judgement of when and when not to be shooting their handguns?

 

Don't see where this had anything to do with a citizen, like yours truly, having a license to carry, and I end up shooting innocent bystanders.

 

I think you are just generalizing saying "people get shot all the time". Sure they do, and they are innocent ones at that. But they are shot "by criminals" not people with a permit CCW shooting blindly into a crowd, as some like to say "Like the Old West". That is fiction, not fact.

 

Again, show me a specific case where a citizen with a permit to carry has shot bystanders while trying to bring down a suspected criminal. I couldn't find a single one in our County going as far back as they kept records of these things.


 

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor
Posts: 819
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Gunman in Antioch, TN Movie Theatre


@Preds wrote:

@brii wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@brii wrote:

Why do you feel the need to mentiont that you "carry" all the time.  Is it like a bragging thing?

 

 


And what good would it do if you had a gun and someone sitting behind you in a theater shot you in the back of the head?

 

That's what happened to the two young women who were killed in the previous theater killing.

 

I don't carry a gun.

 

Even if I did, if someone shot me from behind, I doubt it would do me any good. 


 


Perhaps if the person near them had theirs he/she could have made a difference.  Perhaps he/she could have stopped the gunman then and there. 


Or if everyone were carrying, they could have all started shooting at one another and nobody would have walked out of there. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,287
Registered: ‎01-24-2013

Re: Gunman in Antioch, TN Movie Theatre


@hckynutjohn wrote:


 


 

You go first. LOL

 

I recall seeing this particular shoot out unfolding and the aftermath in real time on tv about 2 summers back.

 

Sorry, Mr. John, but people are caught in crossfire almost every day. Pick up any newspaper.

 

 

 

Lila Belle,

 

 

OK, here I go.

 

I remember seeing the shooting by the police in New York on tv some time back. Nine bystanders, I think it was 9, were injured from Police Fire. That is hardly a gunman. I told my wife about that one because they actually had video on a surveillance video of it.

 

Now that is something for the NYPD to take up with their officers. Maybe more time at the shooting range? Or maybe better judgement of when and when not to be shooting their handguns?

 

Don't see where this had anything to do with a citizen, like yours truly, having a license to carry, and I end up shooting innocent bystanders.

 

I think you are just generalizing saying "people get shot all the time". Sure they do, and they are innocent ones at that. But they are shot "by criminals" not people with a permit CCW shooting blindly into a crowd, as some like to say "Like the Old West". That is fiction, not fact.

 

Again, show me a specific case where a citizen with a permit to carry has shot bystanders while trying to bring down a suspected criminal. I couldn't find a single one in our County going as far back as they kept records of these things.


 


**********************************************************

 

Please don't patronize me or insult my intelligence. A legal permit or concealed permit, it makes no difference, people are caught in crossfire all the time.

 

 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,580
Registered: ‎06-15-2015

Re: Gunman in Antioch, TN Movie Theatre


@Lila Belle wrote:

@hckynutjohn wrote:


 


 

You go first. LOL

 

I recall seeing this particular shoot out unfolding and the aftermath in real time on tv about 2 summers back.

 

Sorry, Mr. John, but people are caught in crossfire almost every day. Pick up any newspaper.

 

 

 

Lila Belle,

 

 

 


**********************************************************

 

Please don't patronize me or insult my intelligence. A legal permit or concealed permit, it makes no difference, people are caught in crossfire all the time.

 

 

 

 

Nothing i said was meant to be "patronizing" or meant to insult yours or anyone elses intelligence.

 

I'll bow out of this now.

 

 


 

hckynut(john)