Honored Contributor

Re: Gunman in Nashville Movie Theatre

We only rent DVD's any more

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gunman in Antioch, TN Movie Theatre

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

Gun free zone theatre.  Like shooing fish in a bucket.

..only if you're in the barrel.  

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:
A gunman in NYC began shooting and several people were caught in the crossfire from police.

You state "a gunman started firing", by that I assume it was not someone like me that possesses permit to conceal carry.

My point is not "gunmen start firing". My point is a person like myself, legally carrying, that fires to protect myself or others. In that "specific situation", lead me to a "specific case" where innocent bystanders were shot.

I've checked the County in which I live and came up with"

a number of "Zero" incidents as far back as they keep records. I can however point out 2 "recent specific" cases were a customer, legally carrying, that shot armed robbers, thus preventing innocents being injured or worse.

In 1 case the robber made it to the door and that is where he took his last breath. He was pointing his weapon at the clerk and 2 customers when he was shot. Would he have shot those innocent people? If you were one of those customers would you have preferred waiting to find out?

Those 2 incidents were in the last 3 years. If you have a story with that specificity, where a bystander was shot by someone, legally carrying, shooting to protect or prevent a "gunman" from shooting people, and stray bullets hitting innocent bystanders, please tell me where I can read about it.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Why do you feel the need to mentiont that you "carry" all the time.  Is it like a bragging thing?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@brii wrote:

Why do you feel the need to mentiont that you "carry" all the time.  Is it like a bragging thing?

And what good would it do if you had a gun and someone sitting behind you in a theater shot you in the back of the head?

That's what happened to the two young women who were killed in the previous theater killing.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@brii wrote:

And what good would it do if you had a gun and someone sitting behind you in a theater shot you in the back of the head?

That's what happened to the two young women who were killed in the previous theater killing.

Hi,

If you're carrying a gun and someone shoots you in the back of the head, you would be a dead person with a gun.

I agree with your post. 

p.s. I think all of this should be directed to John

Esteemed Contributor

@brii wrote:

I prefer talking in specifics not in generalities. Along with that, why would I use a hypothical person when I can speak about a real person, myself?

"That you carry all the time"? I was not aware of that notation you made. "Bragging"?  That is not something I do, but how you choose to perceive it?  That is up to you.

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Any talk of outlawing pepper spray or needing a license to buy/carry/use a hatchet? 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@Lila Belle wrote:
A gunman in NYC began shooting and several people were caught in the crossfire from police.

You state "a gunman started firing", by that I assume it was not someone like me that possesses permit to conceal carry.

My point is not "gunmen start firing". My point is a person like myself, legally carrying, that fires to protect myself or others. In that "specific situation", lead me to a "specific case" where innocent bystanders were shot.

I've checked the County in which I live and came up with"

a number of "Zero" incidents as far back as they keep records. I can however point out 2 "recent specific" cases were a customer, legally carrying, that shot armed robbers, thus preventing innocents being injured or worse.

In 1 case the robber made it to the door and that is where he took his last breath. He was pointing his weapon at the clerk and 2 customers when he was shot. Would he have shot those innocent people? If you were one of those customers would you have preferred waiting to find out?

Those 2 incidents were in the last 3 years. If you have a story with that specificity, where a bystander was shot by someone, legally carrying, shooting to protect or prevent a "gunman" from shooting people, and stray bullets hitting innocent bystanders, please tell me where I can read about it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You go first. LOL

I recall seeing this particular shoot out unfolding and the aftermath in real time on tv about 2 summers back.

Sorry, Mr. John, but people are caught in crossfire almost every day. Pick up any newspaper.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@esmerelda wrote:

Any talk of outlawing pepper spray or needing a license to buy/carry/use a hatchet? 

In some municipalities, counties and (possible) states, it's illegal to carry pepper spray.  

As far as hatchets go, they haven't been the cause of mass murders of late.