Honored Contributor

Re: 🌫 Gulf Coast Folks 🌫

@Laura14 wrote:

@beckyb1012   Amen!  I have been playing my 80s playlists to death.  I will even wear Madonna's cone bra to work if we can say buh bye to the ongoing plagues this year.  

@Laura14 

We may take you up on that...... Smiley Wink 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

So far I am not impressed with this new decade.  I think I may prefer the 80's with the big shoulder pads. 

@beckyb1012 

Definitely a kinder/gentler time with things like people of all cultures/races from all over the world coming together singing "We Are The World" back in 1985....and "Farm Aid"......SIGH!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt Ready and willing to serve.  Plus if I make them 6 feet out, it is social distancing at its finest.  Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

So far I am not impressed with this new decade.  I think I may prefer the 80's with the big shoulder pads. 

I totally agree!!! This made me laugh so hard....thanks for posting. Here's my take on 2020 so far....6E54FA1E-4FFC-4E83-895E-70C0999A22B8.jpeg

Honored Contributor

The Sahara Dust happens every year.  More is being made out of it this year because of COVID-19. 

Had the pandemic not happened, the Sahara Dust would have been just another weather report item and then over and out.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

The Sahara Dust happens every year.  More is being made out of it this year because of COVID-19. 

Had the pandemic not happened, the Sahara Dust would have been just another weather report item and then over and out.

@Cakers3 

Not according to our local weather people. The Saharan dust cloud happens every year, but this year's cloud is much, much denser. ie. greater volume of dust. So the effects are correspondingly much stronger.  They gave all of the reasons that the cloud is so much more dense, but frankly my eyes were glazing over by that time lol. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@beckyb1012   Amen!  I have been playing my 80s playlists to death.  I will even wear Madonna's cone bra to work if we can say buh bye to the ongoing plagues this year.  

@Laura14    Seems like it's about time for swarms of locust to decend.  What else can happen?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@Laura14    Seems like it's about time for swarms of locust to decend.  What else can happen?

Oh no, no, no @Kachina624 !  Don't tempt fate like that - the year is only half over 😧

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett