Esteemed Contributor

Re: Guest that won't leave...

On 12/25/2014 Clover29 said:

I feel for you. We had a relative stay over Thanksgiving, for the two longest weeks of my life. It's taken till now for my blood pressure to go back to normal. The dog was even unhappier than me, because the guest took the dog's seat on the couch.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

demitra, I agree with everyone else. You are way too nice. Hope the venting helped a little.

I would be happy to have a "chat" with your husband.{#emotions_dlg.devil2} He would be up and entertaining the relative when I was done with him. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

My next "chat" would be with the relative. She would be gone in the morning. Cool

I'm getting on my broom now. See ya in a little while. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Have you thought of games, maybe poker; make a little cash. Of course if you bankrupt her she could move in permanently. What about Simon Says, something like Simon says go home.

Honored Contributor

On 12/25/2014 occasional rain said:

Have you thought of games, maybe poker; make a little cash. Of course if you bankrupt her she could move in permanently. What about Simon Says, something like Simon says go home.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

On 12/25/2014 occasional rain said:

Simon says go home.

Honored Contributor

How about a casual mention of the appointments you'd made previously for tomorrow and the next day? Unfortunately, it's too late to change them, but it has been nice to see her.
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

On 12/25/2014 dmod nj said:

demitra, I agree with everyone else. You are way too nice. Hope the venting helped a little.

I would be happy to have a "chat" with your husband.{#emotions_dlg.devil2} He would be up and entertaining the relative when I was done with him. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

My next "chat" would be with the relative. She would be gone in the morning. Cool

I really like the way you think. I would "chat" his ears off. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

On 12/25/2014 NoelSeven said: How about a casual mention of the appointments you'd made previously for tomorrow and the next day? Unfortunately, it's too late to change them, but it has been nice to see her.

Risky. The relative could invite herself along and it could turn into a Seinfeld. So the OP ends up at her doctor's office, signs in, and sits around in the waiting room until the receptionist informs her she doesn't have an appointment but will try to squeeze her in.

Esteemed Contributor

You could always ""accidentally"" set the couch on fire...while she's sitting on it....or is that too subtle?

Honored Contributor

On 12/25/2014 RoughDraft said:
On 12/25/2014 dmod nj said:

I really like the way you think. I would "chat" his ears off. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Hi RD,

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Maybe if we team up................we can get the work done in half the time. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}{#emotions_dlg.devil2}