Super Contributor
I am so ready for this guest to go home. Been here two nights, but it seems like two weeks. She wants to be entertained. Ugh! We are tired and not interested in going to the movies or shopping tomorrow. She is a talker, too. I can't come up with a way to encourage her to wind up this visit. I've even said I bet her other family sure would like to see her! Nothing is working. Just blowing off some steam here.
Respected Contributor

Re: Guest that won't leave...

Relative or friend?

Super Contributor

Remember what you wrote here today next year....and tell her sorry no room at the inn Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

That's the worst....especially when they cannot stand silence. Exhausting.

Super Contributor

Exhausting to the max!! A relative.
Valued Contributor

On 12/25/2014 demitra said: Exhausting to the max!! A relative.

What was the agreed upon plan before she arrived? How long she would stay, etc. Or did you not have one. If you didn't have one, it makes it harder to say, oh by the way, you can go now.

Super Contributor

I don't have the option to decline her visit. It is my DH's relative and he told her when she called and SAID she was coming - to stay as long as she wanted. Curses! Well, she has gotten on his nerves so bad that he took to bed at 6:15 tonight. So, I'm left to make small talk. I don't understand people like that. I am always overly conscious of people's space. I'll trudge through, but it sure is unpleasant.
Super Contributor

You are too nice, relative or not.
Respected Contributor

You are too nice. You've got a few options. First, wake your husband up and drag him into the room to entertain HIS relative, or put her to work folding laundry.{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

You and/or your DH need to ""come down with something"" and ""gee I hope it's not the flu""

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines