Frequent Contributor

Re: Guessing Where This Goes, But Here Goes!

Oh my word, yet another complaint about a QVC Customer Service rep. And someone else who thinks they are QVC's best customer so therefore, somehow, the rules don't apply to them. Even tho they are told very politely about the shipping policy the customer will say they are rude.  And then there will always be the ones who will jump on the bandwagon and say, "well I hope you got her name so you can report her." We live in a "fault free" society it seems. It's not our fault if we're not paying attention or reading all the print. They don't say that you'll save on shipping anymore, at least I haven't heard them and I watch all the time. If you don't get your way there's no reason to report someone for just doing their job. Was she rude, people will always think you are rude if you don't agree with them.  No,  I don't work for QVC but I have worked in places dealing with customers and there are some customers who think they hold your job in the palm of their hand. 

~ It's a good day when I didn't have to unleash the flying monkeys! ~
Respected Contributor

Unfortunately, there are sometimes rude people on both sides of the fence. Long gone are the days of "the customer is always right". Anyone in retail can expound upon the people who abused a store's system so badly that it has cost both their company and customers dearly. Many policies are not as liberal as they once were.

Whether we like it or not it costs to shop!  Either you are running around in your car, using your time to go store to store, or even spending money on a bus or other transit system to get where and what you want. Or we are at home shopping on-line or via television. It still costs to get a product to us!

The beauty of it all, is that we have a choice to shop, or not, where we choose! Nothing says you have to shop at QVC, money all spends the same.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

If QVC were up to date, they'd offer Prime shipping for regular customers, like Amazon does.  Many times there are things I can buy at my local stores, but I'll order from Amazon because it's easy and shipping is free and FAST.

I have to say that I laughed out loud when you said you told her about all the useless things you've bought!  So funny! I think we all have.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

"I was wondering if this has happened to any of you?"

No.  I have had only pleasant and sometimes very accommodating encounters with CS over the years.  Perhaps it's in how you present yourself.

Honored Contributor

As I said the $3 would have been a symbolic way of saying, "We continue our good customer service and we hope you continue to shop with us."  Period.

As far as the shipping and handling and many other changes.

Maybe many of you have gone on line and read every line of all of the changes (have you seen this thing)?  But many people aren't even aware of the changes.

Look.  Did you hear anyone stand there and take a few minutes maybe even once or twice a week and make a few statements about it?  Please let me know.  I usually have QVC on one of my TV's just for the background noise.  I live in a house by myself and don't like going into a quiet room.

I have never had them take a few minutes and even mention something like that.

If I gave some of you a pop quiz on that long list of changes could you pass it?  

It would be nice if someone (even if it's late at night) took some time and explained in words everyone would understand like this perhaps:

"So, if you bought one garment it will be $3, if you buy 2 garments, it will be $6, if you buy 3 garments it will be $6 and so on.  It doesn't matter if you buy them at the same time, sent to the same place, bla bla, you will STILL be charged $3 for each garment".

If they did that I wonder how many they'd sell.  I remember seeing where someone always posts (as a joke) at the end of their posting (paraphrasing) "So buy more than one".  

It's funny because so often the hosts say to do that.  They DON'T say but you will be charged $3 for each thing.

I neglected to say that I did say, in a calm, nice voice, "Well, OK.  From now on IF I decide to buy something in different colors I will be sure to order each on separately.  That way I will get a numerous amount of those plastic bags.  Those bags I use to put my cat litter in, they work great".  

I was just letter her know I'd found a wonderful use for all of those bags I USED to receive.  They are sturdy and the litter doesn't break through.

She said, "Thank you for calling".  No one raised their voices or said anything derogatory.

I didn't ask for her name, but I know it because I know the person who worked on my mattress problem (she gave it to me and asked me not to disclose it and I never have).

Respected Contributor

"Those bags I use to put my cat litter in, they work great".

There ya go.  Do you know how much those litter box liners cost?  You've been getting freebies!!  :-D

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

@ECBGAnd I hope when it's reported the rep gets a pat on the back!  Reps don't make policy -  they don't get paid that way and that person did nothing wrong at all.

People need to take personal responsibility -  it's been more than 6 months since I heard a host talk about saving on multiple shippings costs ---and I'm older than OP is and still can figure out what things cost and when it just doesn't make sense to pay what Nordstrom wants or QVC or CVS or whoever.

QVC's shipping policy is better than it used to be -  not free like some places, but I still can't find anything I want to buy where the shipping is free.  I've tried and hated the products --so I'd rather pay more and like what I get.

Sorry, annabelle, but this time I'm not on your side.

Sorry, but I can't see why the rep should get a pat on the back... She can be supported for accurately conveying the party line, but if she was somewhat rude in the process that hardly warrants a commendation...

Whether or not the shipping policy is 'better than it used to be' is in the eye of the beholder and is also pretty clearly dependent on what one is purchasing. Many items do not ship for the oft touted three bucks. I'd venture to say anyone who isn't finding likable merchandise available with free shipping might not be looking very hard...

The OP feels the rep was rude. Some posters (include me) feel it was likely that the customer was rude. None of us here will ever know.  You say "if" the rep was rude. Okay. But the rep may not have been rude. Some people consider any sort of "no" to be rude.  We can't know the truth in this instance, we can only surmise by what the OP has said. Some will conclude the OP was rude and some will conclude the rep was rude. 

That's why I said 'if'...

Eiether way, it appears she was doing her job, which again, to me, doesn't necessarily warrant a pat on the back...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Here's my take on the matter.

CS is usually wonderful and helpful at Qvc. Out of the three times I have called in the past few months, 2 reps were not outgoing, a little friendly enough, but I think they are rushed and hurried trying to get to other customers. And the problems were corrected. The 3rd rep was like it always is/was, helpful, considerate, polite and friendly, and got the problem corrected, too.

Most hosts are not saying anything about shipping, but one in the middle of the night, was showing clothes and she said there was reduced shipping on additional shirts. I knew that was wrong, and it didn't say that on screen. Of course, I know there is no reduced shipping so why would a host say that? And about six weeks ago, one host was with Valerie during the day, and she said there was reduced shipping on additional purchases of the same product. I think maybe it's what the hosts accidently say in their spiel without thinking. So it has happened recently and maybe the OP heard this, too. 

Honored Contributor

I do know this new policy is going on one year old. 

BUT, I have heard hosts say since that time, that if you buy more than one of the same item number, in the same order, shipped to the same address, you will save half on the s&h on the second item. Marybeth Roe is one that I have heard say it.

I know it was a mistake, and I'm sure it just rolled out as they said it for so many years, and they keep talking to keep presentations moving, but they really have to be careful. 

I think if the host says it during a presentation (even if by mistake) and a customer calls the company on it, the company should refund the difference, but I'm sure it won't happen/

Trusted Contributor

Three things come to mind.

1.  Not getting what you want does not equal bad customer service.  Some times, it just means you are being unrealistic.

2.  As a frequent QVC shopper, surely the OP was aware of the new policy -- which went into effect in February and announced to customers via multiple letters, e-mails, notices on the website, and notices on television.

3.  Using  disability as an excuse for why one should not pay the shipping is personally offensive.  I have trouble walking, too -- I only have one leg -- and I neither desire nor expect shipping discounts or refunds.