Respected Contributor

Re: Guessing Where This Goes, But Here Goes!

As others have said, the shipping you were charged ($3 for 3 items = $9) was correct. The s/h charge is based on number of items ordered, not the number of packages sent.  IMO, a customer's unhappiness with the stated policy is not a justifiable reason for issuing a credit.  The CS rep. adhered to the policy.  I'm sorry you're unhappy, OP, but now you understand how the policy works.

Honored Contributor

So if you call to complain, CS will just refund your shipping?  That isn't fair to everyone else who understands the shipping policy and pays for shipping.

Respected Contributor

You started out sarcastic and unpleasant so what do you expect?

So I called Customer Service and said, "I've been a QVC customer for many years".  She says, "Yes, you have".  I said, "Do you also see all of the useless stuff I've bought and very little sent back"?  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't like the way they cram multiple items in an envelope, yet charge separate shipping for each item, so here's how I have responded:

I call QVC and place separate orders.  If I want two size medium sweaters (one blue and one black), I call customer service twice:  first call order blue, hang up and wait a bit, call again and order black.  They have two separate order numbers in the system, so they have to print separate labels and mail separately.  It's more time consuming on their end and more costly on their end to process two orders for me rather than one, but I at least feel like I got my money's worth, and I don't have to deal with two sweaters getting crammed into the same envelope.

Respected Contributor

I rarely buy from QVC anymore because of their policies. I buy from other sites who are more customer friendly. It pays to shop around.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Bless your heart!  I hope you got her name and have reported it!

Reported her for WHAT? She didn't do anything wrong. The OP was the one who was in error.

Error or not, it's up to Customer Service to handle customers is a pleasant, respectful manner, not to preach at them... If a customer becomes patently abusive, I can see a terse response, but that wouldn't appear to be the case here. Personally, with just a couple of exceptions over many years, I've generally found CS to be pleasant and helpful, even when you don't necessarily hear what you want to hear. I will say I've had one exchange with 'corporate' that I truly felt could have gone a good bit better.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nordstrom, Piperline, Kate Spade and Shopbop all offer free shipping...

eta: Walmart offers free shipping when item(s) are over $50.  

Honored Contributor

@brii wrote:

That's why I like to order online.  You can see exactly what you're being charged before you hit submit.

I agree. I'm not ordering much from QVC these days, but when I do, it's on line. It's always been my preferred method of ordering from here.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@ECBGAnd I hope when it's reported the rep gets a pat on the back!  Reps don't make policy -  they don't get paid that way and that person did nothing wrong at all.

People need to take personal responsibility -  it's been more than 6 months since I heard a host talk about saving on multiple shippings costs ---and I'm older than OP is and still can figure out what things cost and when it just doesn't make sense to pay what Nordstrom wants or QVC or CVS or whoever.

QVC's shipping policy is better than it used to be -  not free like some places, but I still can't find anything I want to buy where the shipping is free.  I've tried and hated the products --so I'd rather pay more and like what I get.

Sorry, annabelle, but this time I'm not on your side.

Sorry, but I can't see why the rep should get a pat on the back... She can be supported for accurately conveying the party line, but if she was somewhat rude in the process that hardly warrants a commendation...

Whether or not the shipping policy is 'better than it used to be' is in the eye of the beholder and is also pretty clearly dependent on what one is purchasing. Many items do not ship for the oft touted three bucks. I'd venture to say anyone who isn't finding likable merchandise available with free shipping might not be looking very hard...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

@ECBGAnd I hope when it's reported the rep gets a pat on the back!  Reps don't make policy -  they don't get paid that way and that person did nothing wrong at all.

People need to take personal responsibility -  it's been more than 6 months since I heard a host talk about saving on multiple shippings costs ---and I'm older than OP is and still can figure out what things cost and when it just doesn't make sense to pay what Nordstrom wants or QVC or CVS or whoever.

QVC's shipping policy is better than it used to be -  not free like some places, but I still can't find anything I want to buy where the shipping is free.  I've tried and hated the products --so I'd rather pay more and like what I get.

Sorry, annabelle, but this time I'm not on your side.

Sorry, but I can't see why the rep should get a pat on the back... She can be supported for accurately conveying the party line, but if she was somewhat rude in the process that hardly warrants a commendation...

Whether or not the shipping policy is 'better than it used to be' is in the eye of the beholder and is also pretty clearly dependent on what one is purchasing. Many items do not ship for the oft touted three bucks. I'd venture to say anyone who isn't finding likable merchandise available with free shipping might not be looking very hard...

The OP feels the rep was rude. Some posters (include me) feel it was likely that the customer was rude. None of us here will ever know.  You say "if" the rep was rude. Okay. But the rep may not have been rude. Some people consider any sort of "no" to be rude.  We can't know the truth in this instance, we can only surmise by what the OP has said. Some will conclude the OP was rude and some will conclude the rep was rude. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all