Trusted Contributor

Re: Guess who funded Moderna?

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I think the OP was just giving props for a very kind, humanitarian act to help everyone.

I doubt the many billionaires around the world did the same.

You go Dolly!!Heart

I think many billionaires donate quite a bit of money to important causes.  Much of what they do is not made public.  

Esteemed Contributor

@JillyMarie wrote:

@cactusgal wrote:

Please her Heart, from what i read. She donated a million dollars Heart

Not to say Dolly isn't a generous person , but it took a whole lot more than A million to develop this vaccine.  

Yes,  not to take away from Dolly’s amazing large donation, it took about one billion for this research.  Dolly has been extremely generous to many charities!  A woman to be admired on so many levels.

There are people with vast fortunes who are devoted to many causes.  Bill and Melinda Gates have done much in that regard.  And then others, zilch.  

Respected Contributor

@JillyMarie wrote:

@cactusgal wrote:

Not to say Dolly isn't a generous person , but it took a whole lot more than A million to develop this vaccine.  

The Gates Foundation donated twenty million dollars.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Valued Contributor

@JillyMarie: Yes I know, but something is better then nothing Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

Dolly is a well-known philanthropist. She gave $1million to Moderna for part of the $1.525 billion dollar funding.

Honored Contributor

@Jaspersmom wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I think the OP was just giving props for a very kind, humanitarian act to help everyone.

I doubt the many billionaires around the world did the same.

You go Dolly!!Heart

I think many billionaires donate quite a bit of money to important causes.  Much of what they do is not made public.  

@Jaspersmom Well a lot of the very biggest don't blink an eye to get publicity for themselves do they?  Some on the richest list you see about all the time self promoting--and even some that do nothing but (it seems by reading) be wonderful.

And some who are making a career out of being wonderful and remind us of that daily--gosh I'd have thought it would be them!  

The world is full of wonderful people of all incomes, and not-so-wonderful people who only seek self aggrandizement.   And hire people to see that they get it!

Honored Contributor

@cactusgal wrote:

Bless her Heart, from what i read. She donated a million dollars Heart

Not a million dollars.  That was in British pounds.  She was friends with the developer of the vaccine.  He asked for her help and she helped.

Honored Contributor

@JillyMarie wrote:

@cactusgal wrote:

She;s a heck of a lot more generous that some I could name.....

Esteemed Contributor

Misleading title, should of been: Who invested in Moderna not who funded. But really the take away is yippee, the mask goes in the trash!

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@JillyMarie wrote:

@cactusgal wrote:

Shell also probably get a whole lot more than a million in return for her investment.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment