Honored Contributor

I'm puzzled by how long it took them to determine that the staging of his shooting was false.  Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in that particular force imo.

Esteemed Contributor

The Chief of Police Chief said over 6500 text messages were deleted before the staged suicide.

An audit was underway and the officer believed he would be found out.

Two weeks ago, subpoenas were issued for bank records and other evidence.

The Coroner was publicly chastised for ruling (at the time ) that his death could be suicide.  Someone OWES him an apology.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

I'm puzzled by how long it took them to determine that the staging of his shooting was false.  Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in that particular force imo.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

I suppose they had to be very sure of their findings. That imo speaks well of them.

Honored Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:

I suppose they had to be very sure of their findings. That imo speaks well of them.

People from that area don't agree, took way too long and there was a big delay in calling for the FBI.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

How true is this?  They actually conducted an investigation rather than sweeping the story under the rug.  I always like it when Police Investigators keep their cards close to their vests.

Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Lila Belle wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

How true is this?  They actually conducted an investigation rather than sweeping the story under the rug.  I always like it when Police Investigators keep their cards close to their vests.

I have no reason to suspect it is not true, an op ed piece from the local paper has put forth the reasoning that the force should not have been investigating one of their own without a third party.

Esteemed Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Lila Belle wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

I have no reason to suspect it is not true, an op ed piece from the local paper has put forth the reasoning that the force should not have been investigating one of their own without a third party.

We agree on this.  I'm upset about the treatment the Coroner's received after saying the officer's death could be a suicide and those who used his death to further their political interests.

Esteemed Contributor

I am unfamiliar with this particular case, and have only gleaned the most basic info from the comments. At least he only killed HIMSELF. We had a tragedy in our area recently where the dad killed his four children and his wife before burning their house down and committing suicide. Questions about the educational funds he was overseeing are being answered through audit. A tragedy, for sure.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor
I feel very sorry for his wife, kids and family. If his death wasn't bad enough now he's found to be an embezzler and his internet habits are all out in the open.
Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac

The Medical Examiner/Coroner had said his death could be a suicide and the Police Dept. jumped all over him!  Many in the community and state feel the Police Chief owes him an apology.