Respected Contributor

Re: Guess he was a Fraud

[ Edited ]

i know I should not judge others, but it seems he really took the cowards way out...then to blame others...it seems sort of like the Charles Stuart case of 2 decades ago, where he shot his own wife, then had police looking for an African American assailant.

Honored Contributor

What I don't understand is why did it take the medical examiner(s) a month to figure out the fatal wounds were from a suicide & not  murder? confused.gif

Ok, now you know I watched to much of

Csi_las_vegas.jpgwhistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

i know I should not judge others, but it seems he really took the cowards way out...then to blame others...it seems sort of like the Charles Stuart case of 2 decades ago, where he shot his own wife, then had police looking for an African American assailant.

Same thing with Susan Smith killing her children.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

I live about 25 minutes from where this took place and people are so angry.  Quite a testy exchange with the police in the news conference.

There had been rumblings about him committing suicide for probably the past couple of months so I wasn't surprised to hear it when the story broke this morning.  People feel very, very betrayed.

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac.. I know, just like on TV they run DNA  and get the results in an hour when, until very recently, it could take weeks!

Honored Contributor

Mz iMac wrote:

What I don't understand is why did it take the medical examiner(s) a month to figure out the fatal wounds were from a suicide & not  murder? confused.gif

Actually about a week after the event, the Coroner released a report stating that his initial investigation had yielded three possible finding.

1. It was a homicide.

2. It was an accident.

3. It was a suicide.

As soon as that report was released, his police department immediately attacked the coroner and said that stating it could have been a suicide was incorrect and irresponsible. Soon after that they stopped releasing information to the public. At that point many people in this area began to think a coverup was going on and it was indeed a suicide; however, I don't think anyone suspected that he had committed crimes to the extent that it was revealed today he had.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Super Contributor

I raised my kids not even 5 blocks from where this happened...we lived there for 14 years and are now about 8 miles away.

Many have suspected suicide or hit from the start....things did not add up.  Most of us are angry at the investigators leading us to believe that 3 men, armed and dangerous were running around the community for at least 3 days.  Homes, schools, etc. were put on lockdown, we were all made to live in fear.  Things like that just don't happen in this community....

It is very frustrating knowing that they really knew this was a suicide pretty much from the start and just wouldn't come forward with the info. 

Honored Contributor

@dreamytoo wrote:

I raised my kids not even 5 blocks from where this happened...we lived there for 14 years and are now about 8 miles away.

Many have suspected suicide or hit from the start....things did not add up.  Most of us are angry at the investigators leading us to believe that 3 men, armed and dangerous were running around the community for at least 3 days.  Homes, schools, etc. were put on lockdown, we were all made to live in fear.  Things like that just don't happen in this community....

It is very frustrating knowing that they really knew this was a suicide pretty much from the start and just wouldn't come forward with the info. 

I have a  relative who lives very close to there, also, and we had the same thoughts on the matter.    The very public funeral...........?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

Actually about a week after the event, the Coroner released a report stating that his initial investigation had yielded three possible finding.

1. It was a homicide.

2. It was an accident.

3. It was a suicide.

As soon as that report was released, his police department immediately attacked the coroner and said that stating it could have been a suicide was incorrect and irresponsible. Soon after that they stopped releasing information to the public. At that point many people in this area began to think a coverup was going on and it was indeed a suicide; however, I don't think anyone suspected that he had committed crimes to the extent that it was revealed today he had.

@Tique

Thank you so much for the clarification.  Everything about this story is so much clearer.

Can't wait to hear on the tv national news their spin on this.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

it's disturbing to me knowing that i know some of the good guys and what they go through and then something like this happens.  it's just not fair!