Honored Contributor

Re: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Clods yes, just don't let them make you go down to their level.

Honored Contributor

We have a neighbor across the street that doesn't use a bag on his mower and when he is done will blow all the clippings and dirt and leaves into the street heading our way.

We have other issues with this jerk that do need to be addressed and one day I fully expect to see my husband and him rolling around in the middle of the road beating the he!! out of each other.

Super Contributor

I would say something.  Just when he's outside, chat with him.  He probably doesn't even relize he's irritating you.  Some people just don't think.  Just say, "Would you mind terribly, if you could blow the grass off my drive when you do your lawn?"  I bet it would be all good after that.  Just sayin, people don't think sometime...

Respected Contributor

Unless you say something there is no reason for anyone to know that it is an issue for you. What one thinks someone 'should' know is not necessarily the case. Suffering or stewing in silence helps no one, especially yourself.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot

I think this is an easy non-confrontational issue since your neighbor wasn't actually the violator.

The next time you see him (socially would be best) simply say: "Hey John, can you do me a favor? The next time your friend, Oliver, mows the lawn would you ask him not to throw your grass clippings onto my drive? I know he means well and probably isn't even aware that he is doing it. Oh, here's our waitress, should we have another glass of wine?"😉😉😉

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

While it may be a bit annoying and I hope you were just venting , a little grass sure seems like such a trivial thing.  If you have a good relationship with your neighbors, I would just go sweep it away if it bothered me that much rather than risk alienating them and really causing an issue!  I would just be thankful that they aren't nosey, noisy, block access to your driveway, let real garbage in your yard, allow their bratty kids to go on your property and destroy things, dogs going on your property,etc!!  You could have neighbors who do much worse things!!  

@Pook

Yes, I really was just venting.  And you are 100% correct!

I don't want to start anything with this neighbor, we have been both neighbors and friends for many years!   I have had some doozies for neighbors in the past and I consider myself very fortunate indeed to have this current neighbor next door.

The grass thing is really small potatoes and not worth any more aggravation.  I think I was just worn out and hot yesterday and felt like venting a little.  I'm over it and it is no biggie to just clean up the grass that's left there, even if the guy shouldn't leave it behind in the first place.  I'm counting my blessings instead of whining about it anymore.

Thanks for all the answers, everyone.  Have a great day!  Hopefully it has cooled off where you are as it has here where it is a perfectly gorgeous day! 

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

So I mowed my yard earlier today, then swept up, sweat pouring off me as it was hot out. But everything was neat and tidy and ready for the weekend.  YAY!

Well, %^#@,, the guy next door (well, actually he's a friend of the guy next door)  just finished mowing and left all his mower grass blow off in my driveway.  Cleans up around his area but leaves what he blew into my driveway.

He does this every week.

People can be such clods.

TFL!!

Hi! This happens to my sister but it is a lawn service.  She spoke up to them about the clippings and he threatened her under his voice.  I told her to leave it alone.  I don't want anything to happen to her.  Please be careful, some people are capable of doing bad things.  

Honored Contributor

I agree with the others that you should say something.    You can't go through the season, week after week, dealing with this - can you?

The way I see it the two choices are clear - 1)  Say something and ask him to stop doing that (who knows - maybe he doesn't even realize what he's doing.   Guys can be pretty dense; or 2) Wait until after he mows to go out and do your clean up.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Rude.  And he could just point the blower the other way.

Catch him doing it and point it out.

THIS

I had the same thing happen to me.  The neighbor's yard people were blowing the cut grass down the gutter and blew it up into our driveway.  I ran out while he was doing it and motioned and mouthed "no, no!!!" and pointed to him to stop.  He kind of smiled and blew it back off our driveway.  It never happened again. I am sure the look on face was enough of a message.

Another thing I hate is when people blow the grass into the street and don't clean that up.  It's all part of lawncare, people. 

Speak up or it will ruin your summer.  It can be brought up in a kindly way, but do it.  You will be glad you did.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

What an idiot!

Can you blow it back over to him?  Guess not, too bad!

@Drythe

If I could, I would.  Nowhere to blow it to except in his grass.

And I don't even HAVE a blower.  I use an old fashioned broom!

@QueenDanceALot

Sweep it up & dump it on his driveway each time he mows. That's what I would do since you say he does it every time he mows.

When DH gets finished mowing, weed eating & edging he sweeps the driveway plus street in front of our house.

Most people just blow it in the street which is a City Code Violation but they still do it.

@Nightowlz

Since he doesn't live there, is just best friends with the guy who does live there I hesitate to do that.  That's why I thought I might just dump it on the hood of his car.  But I doubt I'll do that.  Just kinda fun to contemplate!

I also sweep my driveway, sidewalk and street in front of my house when I'm finished.  The guy ACROSS the street, who has an impeccable yard, also blows his grass into the street which he must know is a City Code Violation here.  Clogs up the drains on the other side of the street (the side I live on).

@QueenDanceALot  Don't sink to that level.  That is passive/agressive.  It sounds as if you are friendly with this guy.  Just bring it up in a friendly way. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!