Honored Contributor

Re: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Other than the mowing thing I have no issues with this neighbor.  We even get together fairly often.

I do need to say something, though.  

Or maybe I need to buy a blower and then when the friend is out there mowing along my driveway I can just blow it back at him while he's mowing!

===============

All the retaliatory comments make me feel bad. You said in your first sentence that you have no other issues with this neighbor. I would let it go, but if some grass clippings bother you that much, you'll have to approach him about it. Just wouldn't want a neighborhood war to start over this.

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot:  Are you on good terms with your neighbor? If so, maybe you could bring it up to him. I think the end result will be in how you approach the issue. Try, if you can, to keep the frustration out of your voice and just explain the situation to your neighbor. Hopefully, he will bring it to his friend's attention. Hope it all works out!

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

What an idiot!

Can you blow it back over to him?  Guess not, too bad!

@Drythe

If I could, I would.  Nowhere to blow it to except in his grass.

And I don't even HAVE a blower.  I use an old fashioned broom!

@QueenDanceALot

Sweep it up & dump it on his driveway each time he mows. That's what I would do since you say he does it every time he mows.

When DH gets finished mowing, weed eating & edging he sweeps the driveway plus street in front of our house.

Most people just blow it in the street which is a City Code Violation but they still do it.

@Nightowlz

Since he doesn't live there, is just best friends with the guy who does live there I hesitate to do that.  That's why I thought I might just dump it on the hood of his car.  But I doubt I'll do that.  Just kinda fun to contemplate!

I also sweep my driveway, sidewalk and street in front of my house when I'm finished.  The guy ACROSS the street, who has an impeccable yard, also blows his grass into the street which he must know is a City Code Violation here.  Clogs up the drains on the other side of the street (the side I live on).

@QueenDanceALot

I see why you are hesitating since it's just a friend of your neighbor.

If the friend is not always there maybe say something to the person that does live there. They probably have no idea this guy is doing that.

Our neighbor across the street does the same thing.

He also smokes out front & throws his butts in the street. They end up in our yard. I collect them & give them back to him.

Frequent Contributor

Quit complaining, be an adult and say something to him!!! What are you accomplishing by complaining about it AND how do you expect it to change IF you don't bring it to his attention?????? You can do it nicely and tactfully. 

Honored Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@QueenDanceALot:  Are you on good terms with your neighbor? If so, maybe you could bring it up to him. I think the end result will be in how you approach the issue. Try, if you can, to keep the frustration out of your voice and just explain the situation to your neighbor. Hopefully, he will bring it to his friend's attention. Hope it all works out!

@Diva on The Q

Wow, that sounds like how an adult would handle it.

Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@KringleB wrote:

Quit complaining, be an adult and say something to him!!! What are you accomplishing by complaining about it AND how do you expect it to change IF you don't bring it to his attention?????? You can do it nicely and tactfully. 

I was just venting.

Do you ever vent?

Honored Contributor

Well, thanks for listening to my earth shattering problem!

I'm going to get ready for bed now.  Gotta be up before the birds in the morning.

TTFN!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Confront him when he is doing it!

Ask him if he realizes what he is doing .

Maybe he will stop and blow it away, maybe not, if not I would get a garden hose or power washer and just hose the driveway and if the water hits him well that would be his problem because you can not control how far the water will travel from out the hose. Almost the same as what the blower does to your driveway!

A Ha,Ha, moment.

Esteemed Contributor

If your neighbor isn't a bad guy, I think I'd go out and buy a small leaf/grass blower and just blow the grass clippings back on his yard. At some point you'll be able to "mention" to him that you took care of his grass clippings. My DH can't do much anymore because of health issues, so I sure wouldn't be without my small leaf blower.

Esteemed Contributor

Just  to get even I would buy a blower & as soon as he is finished blowing his trash on your driveway I would go out & blow the grass clippings right back on his driveway.... give him a taste of his own medicine 😤😠