Esteemed Contributor

I just read a very interesting (to me), insightful and revealing article about growing up a future king.  I learned a lot that I had not heard about before.  A very personal article.

It is titled How Kate Middleton and Prince William Are Really Getting Prince George Ready to Be King and can be found at:

eonline.com/news/1058088/how-kate-middleton-and-prince-william-are-really-getting-prince-george-ready-to-be-king

The article deals primarily with Prince Charles and Prince William with discussion about raising Prince George.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Re: Growing Up A Future King

Good heavens, that little guy isn't going to be King for 60 or 70 years.  The concept of royalty might not exist of it might have changed radically by the time he succeeds William as King in 70 years or so.  That family lives a very long time and even William isn't going to be king anytime soon.  No, I didn't read the article because 100% certain that it's supposition.  

Honored Contributor

It could be 60 to 70 years or under 6 to 7 years.  No one knows what could happen.  William did not ever dream his own Mom would die at 36 but she did.  George could be King George easily with a Regent being appointed until he reaches his majority. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Occasional Contributor

In 70 years, William would have lived to be 107.  There is longevity in royal family, but I think that's pushing it.  The Queen is 93 yrs. old.  The Queen Mother lived to 102, so she potentially has 10 more years, but it's not likely.  Charles at age 70 isn't looking healthy.  I've noticed edema in his hands, with his left hand being particularly bad.  Diana always claimed Charles would never be King.  That may have been more wishful thinking on her part.  William and Catherine appear to be working very hard to insure the future of the monarchy, but no one knows how long the public will continue to support them.  In any event, George and his siblings will be prepared for whatever the future holds for them by their parents, just as any responsible parents do for their children.

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

It could be 60 to 70 years or under 6 to 7 years.  No one knows what could happen.  William did not ever dream his own Mom would die at 36 but she did.  George could be King George easily with a Regent being appointed until he reaches his majority. 

It would only be 6 or 7 years if Charles dies and takes William with him...LOL   

Honored Contributor

Edema in his hands....LOL   I hope Charles out lives his mother.  Someone should tell Camilla she needs her widow's gear now.  LOL   

Honored Contributor

Queen Victoria's oldest child Princess Victoria is the one who married into the German Kaiser Family.  They waited 17 years for her husband to reign.  When he did it was for only 99 days before his death. Then that evil son of theirs the first Grandchild of Queen Victoria and cousin to all our English royalty became Kaiser Wilhelm II.  So anything may happen.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

how do we know he will even WANT to be a king? doesnt he have the right to decline?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45   wishful thinking

Honored Contributor

When I saw that recent thread here with Prince George's b'day photos, the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw that little boy was that I was looking at a future king.