Honored Contributor

Re: Grocery, supply chain shortages could end soon

I just came back from Ingles.  Smiley Surprised I thought they were kidding!  If you want meat, shoot a cow because the butcher is sweeping floors and doing his best greeter impersonation.  And don't let Idaho secede because all of the potatoes are gone.  

I am about to take my mother back to forage something up for a family dinner tonight.  Cover me!

Honored Contributor

Fear only creates hate and selfishness.

When your fear starts to overtake reason....

think kind thoughts about others..

Put good energy out into the world...

be a good thoughtful kind person.

That positive healing energy will carry and spread to do good.  This sounds so simple, but it does work in this universe.  

Honored Contributor

Even at Amazon Fresh (which normally has more food then supermarkets do) seen bare.  I can't find some of my favorite things.  They all say not avaialble. You're supposed to push a button to let you know when certain foods are in, and they will email you.  So far, have not heard anything. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, @Spurt - once again, you've given me my morning guffaw.  

(please note sprayed coffee all over keyboard...)

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

I remember my Mother standing in a long line for either shoes or butter during WW11 with rations.  Must have been food.  My Grandmother had what they called, BLACK MARKET ,connections.  This has nothing to do with race.  It was illegal to get certain items like, Hershey bars, nylons,etc. Grandma had three Boxes of the chocolates hidden.  She was sending them overseas to my Dad who was in the infantry during Ww11.  Lots of food items were hard to come by then.

Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Thank you, @Spurt - once again, you've given me my morning guffaw.  

(please note sprayed coffee all over keyboard...)

@tototwo 

Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I work for a manufacturer that makes some of the sought after items.  Many items are out of stock and we can't produce fast enough to fill orders.  The number of orders is unreal.

Honored Contributor

I will never understand what it is about people that makes so many behave irrationally like this. 

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

I remember my Mother standing in a long line for either shoes or butter during WW11 with rations.  Must have been food.  My Grandmother had what they called, BLACK MARKET ,connections.  This has nothing to do with race.  It was illegal to get certain items like, Hershey bars, nylons,etc. Grandma had three Boxes of the chocolates hidden.  She was sending them overseas to my Dad who was in the infantry during Ww11.  Lots of food items were hard to come by then.

@qvcaddition if your grandmother lived on a farm she probably made her own butter.  I know mine did and it had nothing to do with rationing because that was way before my time.  The butter on the store shelves today are nothing like fresh churned from the cow butter flavor-wise.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess 

@Icegoddess wrote:

@qvcaddition wrote:

@qvcaddition if your grandmother lived on a farm she probably made her own butter.  I know mine did and it had nothing to do with rationing because that was way before my time.  The butter on the store shelves today are nothing like fresh churned from the cow butter flavor-wise.

No we lived in San Francisco, ca.  I lived during WW11 and remember the Air Raids.  My Grandmother was born in Italy and came here was she was 17.  But the butter part, she would whip whip cream by hand with the egg beater, and make butter.  Didn,t have electric beaters at that time.  I remember our first refrigerator.  We had an ice box before that, and then wow,  a frig., But I miss the ice man coming with the big blocks of ice.  I loved those old days, even with the war.  People were nicer to one another and polite.