Honored Contributor

I think if you live in a big city or areas nearby, the pickings are slim. If you live in less populated areas of the country, there is probably more goods to purchase. I live in NYC, I shop in Nassau County, it doesn't matter which supermarket I go to or when, there is nothing to buy. I can't wait till things turn around, I get frustrated when I shop and am at the point where I don't want to even go.

Respected Contributor

Went this morning to walmart. Many were in masks but alot of guys no mask. Some in gloves but not very many.  The store was just about totally out of butter, cheese, canned soup, canned veggies, frozen food of all types, eggs. Not sure if they had this stuff in but sold it all out.

Respected Contributor

Sunday morning good at grocery.  Mostly men out of their element and not waiting to keep socia l distancing but fewer people.  There were fewer limit signs.  Spaghetti noodles out of stock.  Since I am used to buying when items on sale, I cringed at meat prices.  No Easter candy left over.😥  cleaning products still virtually nonexistent along with automatic dishwasher detergent.  Good stock of TP  - many of which off brands.

Trusted Contributor

Hit Aldi's and Costco this morning. No issues, no lines, moved quickly. Had everything I wanted at both places. They have plenty of everything. Everyone in Masks, many in gloves. 

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Valued Contributor

Here in WI went to Piggly Wiggly yesterday...small store. About half the people in masks. I found everything on my list, and more as per usual. I did notice cleaning supplies almost empty but I didn't need anything because I rarely clean and so have plenty. LOL. 

Esteemed Contributor
I hold my breath and walk by quickly. I do wear a mask
Honored Contributor

As if food shopping isn't hard enough already I read ( I forgot where, maybe New York Daily News) that grocery stores are thinking about not letting any customers in stores. You would have to do curbside pickup for your groceries. How is this going to work, someone has to gather your groceries for you, you can't even get delivery dates for delivery services for a couple of weeks? This is getting ridiculous, how are we suppose to eat?

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

As if food shopping isn't hard enough already I read ( I forgot where, maybe New York Daily News) that grocery stores are thinking about not letting any customers in stores. You would have to do curbside pickup for your groceries. How is this going to work, someone has to gather your groceries for you, you can't even get delivery dates for delivery services for a couple of weeks? This is getting ridiculous, how are we suppose to eat?

@Jordan2, I wouldn't worry about it. "thinking about something" really doesn't mean anything at all.  For all we know, it could have been a casual thought someone had. I don't see it happening.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

Re: Grocery Shopping

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2   I read the article.  It was regarding grocery stores unable to protect their employees some of whom have died from the virus.  If a store issues face masks, plexiglass protectors in front of the registers and gloves and they still get the virus maybe they didn't catch it at work.  

I wouldn't mind curbside service but the pickers don't always get your grocery list correct nor do they look for the freshest or best expiration date on each and every food item.  

Honored Contributor

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2   I read the article.  It was regarding grocery stores unable to protect their employees some of whom have died from the virus.  If a store issues face masks, plexiglass protectors in front of the registers and gloves and they still get the virus maybe they didn't catch it at work.  

I wouldn't mind curbside service but the pickers don't always get your grocery list correct nor do they look for the freshest or best expiration date on each and every food item.  

@germanshepherdlove, I've not done pick-up, but with delivery you can add notes and substitutes for the shopper. Also, they text us as they shop with any questions they have.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland