Honored Contributor

The good news is that the carts are being cleaned , everyone is wearing masks, ( patrons and employees),  and everyone is staying 2 cart lengths apart.  The bad news is there was no chicken, rice, pasta , paper goods and V-8 juice.  I wanted fresh veg and chicken, and got my lettuce and lemons. I did get a pint of Ben & Jerry's , don't judge me. 🤣.  All in all the stock was the lowest it's been since this all started. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

What state, @QVCkitty1?

I plan to venture out today.  

Honored Contributor

I'm fortunate to have a few small locally owned stores in my town, their inventory is the same as before, except for wipes & Lysol spray.   Plenty of fresh meat, TP, produce.   No shortage of anything.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1   Why only one container of Ben and Jerry's?  
More is always better.Heart

Honored Contributor

Oh but hadn't you heard, why there's plenty of food and it's getting better, so they say. I placed an order with one of the delivery companies. It took three weeks to receive about half of what I ordered. I'm grateful for what I got, but this has got to be addressed at some level and the sooner the better. This has now been going on for two months and from what we see, the availability of food and essentials is not improving.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Re: Grocery Shopping

[ Edited ]

I just had a Costco order delivered and my wonderful shopper found everything, including toilet paper.  He said that the store was not that bad today, which is good news.

As far as the grocery store, I stopped in a few days ago and they had very little paper products, other than the store brand tissues.

The frozen food section was mostly empty.  I am in Maryland, near DC.

Question:  When shopping in grocery store, following arrows going up and down, when someone stops in the aisle to look at something for quite awhile, do you quickly pass them by or wait? 

When I was there, the person in front of me decided to wait  and there was a significat amount of people behind me, blocking the front of the store. 

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

I feel very fortunate that we've had no problems going to the supermarket and Trader Joe's.  Jewel has been relatively empty, well stocked and TJ's controls the number of people who enter.  No problems getting the items we need.  So far so good.

Respected Contributor

Our stores are pretty well stocked with beef, chicken pork, seafood.

Plenty of pasta, rice and canned goods. But since there are five major grocery store chains here, we have more to choose from. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have been placing a wal mart order online, and it seems like they are out of several of the things I wanted. Like dried pinto beans. 

I don't understand why they are still out of so much. I would have thought the panic buying would have ended by now. 

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

What state, @QVCkitty1?

I plan to venture out today.  

@tansy , The Southern Tier of NY. state, on the Pa. border.  I did not shop at WalMart, so I can't speak to their stock, I shopped at Tops.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan