Respected Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

I just had a Costco order delivered and my wonderful shopper found everything, including toilet paper.  He said that the store was not that bad today, which is good news.

As far as the grocery store, I stopped in a few days ago and they had very little paper products, other than the store brand tissues.

The frozen food section was mostly empty.  I am in Maryland, near DC.

Question:  When shopping in grocery store, following arrows going up and down, when someone stops in the aisle to look at something for quite awhile, do you quickly pass them by or wait? 

When I was there, the person in front of me decided to wait  and there was a significat amount of people behind me, blocking the front of the store. 

@Mersha , I don't know if this is right, but I quickly pass.

@Mersha @QVCkitty1 

This is one more reason I am staying out of stores. If you pass someone in an aisle, you are not following social distancing. You are closer than 6 ft. You need to stop and wait in order to keep a good distance between yourself and others.

@willdob3 @QVCkitty1   Exactly...everyone stood there not knowing how to proceed. 

After waiting for the lady to finish, I had 6 people behind me waiting while trying to social distance.  It was quite the traffic jam in the middle of the store.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Trusted Contributor

DH and I made a trip 2 days ago ( previous trip was 2 weeks ago to a local Meijer's) to a small grocery store in our small town in Michigan. We knew the prices would be higher but didn't want to risk a big box place. We were able to get everything on our list and bought multiples when we could. Don't think we'll need another trip for 3 weeks, as our pantry and freezer are pretty well stocked. We do not horde. We are the type that always keep a well-stocked pantry and a full freezer. Best wishes and good health to you all.

Honored Contributor

I wait for maybe two minutes, if the aisle blocker hasn't moved, I back out and return to that aisle later. However, if the blocker is on their cell or leisurely reading labels, after my two minute limit, I say, "excuse me, your blocking the aisle and I need to get through."  

Honored Contributor

I went grocery shopping on Monday, got everything I wanted and then some. Didn't plan to venture out again this week. Then, last night my coffee pot died so I have to go out shopping for a replacement today.

Respected Contributor

@deeva wrote:

Our stores are pretty well stocked with beef, chicken pork, seafood.

Plenty of pasta, rice and canned goods. But since there are five major grocery store chains here, we have more to choose from. 

@deeva  We have 4 major chains here, plus a couple of smaller chain stores...and they rarely have any of those things you posted. And toilet paper is very scarce unless you get there right after they've gotten a delivery. I don't know what the difference is between areas, but it's a puzzle to me! We are not in or near any "hot spots" for the virus, either.

Respected Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

Question:  When shopping in grocery store, following arrows going up and down, when someone stops in the aisle to look at something for quite awhile, do you quickly pass them by or wait? 

When I was there, the person in front of me decided to wait  and there was a significat amount of people behind me, blocking the front of the store. 

@Mersha  I had the same thing happen to me and didn’t know what I was supposed to do.  After much consideration I just quickly went around. 

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

I just had a Costco order delivered and my wonderful shopper found everything, including toilet paper.  He said that the store was not that bad today, which is good news.

As far as the grocery store, I stopped in a few days ago and they had very little paper products, other than the store brand tissues.

The frozen food section was mostly empty.  I am in Maryland, near DC.

@Mersha , I don't know if this is right, but I quickly pass.

@Mersha @QVCkitty1 

This is one more reason I am staying out of stores. If you pass someone in an aisle, you are not following social distancing. You are closer than 6 ft. You need to stop and wait in order to keep a good distance between yourself and others.

I understand, however this is a small store, and everyone does the best they can .  We don't have delivery, so it is what it is. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Yesterday,was my first day to grocery store, in weeks, i did go the wrong way twice,  by mistake, and yes if a person is taking their time blocking the  way i did go around them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@happycat I don't understand the erratic flow of food, as well.  I was able to get frozen foods, eggs and TP and a # of other "staples" at Costco 2 weeks ago.  When I went this week those items (with the exception of eggs) were gone.

My local Sprouts has basic produce; however, I see a dwindling of such things as different types of squash I use, so bought up what I could because I only eat specific foods and have to rely on fresh fruits/veg. My thought is once what I see is gone it could take WEEKS to replenish.

I think I heard the lapse in the supply chain is from the warehouses for the large groceries (inclusing big box stores) not the truckers.  The head of the truckers union said they're ready to roll but can't get enough product.

After all this time I'm frankly surprised that inventories haven't been ramped up from the suppliers.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Oh but hadn't you heard, why there's plenty of food and it's getting better, so they say. I placed an order with one of the delivery companies. It took three weeks to receive about half of what I ordered. I'm grateful for what I got, but this has got to be addressed at some level and the sooner the better. This has now been going on for two months and from what we see, the availability of food and essentials is not improving.

@stevieb 

You'll enjoy this......some IDIOT EXEC at our grocery store chain, HEB, took the limitations off of many of the items.....although they still exist for things like TP, paper towels, eggs, cleaning products, bleach, sanitizers, beans, pasta sauce...... no more limits on meat, pasta, bread, canned goods or frozen items....  It will be interesting to see whats LEFT when I place my order...there will probably be an abundance of TP and paper towels BUT  no food... Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”