Honored Contributor
Minimum wage isn’t up to $15 everywhere yet.
Respected Contributor

Local Walmart.....Friskies canned cat food ( the small cans) WERE recently 48 cents each, now 55 cents each.....

The Friskies bagged dry "Gentle" food in the purple bag is OVER $ 5.50 ....used to be about 4.00 several months ago (3.5 pound size).

But I did find a great buy in the meat department...I only eat dark chicken ( drums and thighs) and our Walmart consistently has Purdue Chicken Leg/Thighs quarters for a ten pound bag 5.98, or about 60 cents a pound.

YES this chicken has torn skin in places, and sometimes the end of the leg bone is broken and cockeyed, but I think they are pieces that don't look "pretty" enough to pack in Purdue's regular packages, but who cares? I don't care if the skin is a little torn or the ball at the end of the drumstick is broken off. I roast these four at a time in a roasting pan....two days of meat for me. They are good size too. Usually 12-13 in a 10 pound bag. Best buy on protein in the store!!!!

Honored Contributor
Amazing the signs by the iceberg lettuce says “eat well, be happy” ...nothing in iceberg lettuce means you are eating well...
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt.  Look at the bright side.  Blue Bell Ice Cream is still a 1/2 gallon.  I wonder how long that will last?

Our local grocery (Fry's which is Kroger I think) had Blue Bell for $3 right before we had house guests who love ice cream. I bought 4 and that's what we had for dessert every night.

Respected Contributor

Yes Frys is Kroger 

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

Minimum wage has gone up to fifteen an hour so of course costs are increasing.

@dex 

Where do you live that minimum wage is 15 per hour? I sure missed it going up that high.

doxie

Respected Contributor

@roeroe1005 wrote:

@Kachina624 ,

haha - stay out of New York!  Rumor is that bridge will go up to approximately $12.50 in a year or 2.

I don't even know how much the toll on the George Washington bridge is; haven't been on it for years.

@roeroe1005 

You have to pay to cross a bridge? A trip which includeds returning would cost 25$. That is cutting into my shopping money. I am glad we do not have toll roads.

doxie

Honored Contributor

@doxie1 

@doxie1 wrote:

@dex wrote:

Minimum wage has gone up to fifteen an hour so of course costs are increasing.

@dex 

Where do you live that minimum wage is 15 per hour? I sure missed it going up that high.

doxie

@Seattle area..

Trusted Contributor

Prices keep climbing and sizes keep shrinking. Yesterday, I bought a can of shaving cream for DH.  The price was usually .99 cents.  Now, the price is $1.59 and they shrunk the size of the can almost in half!  So ridiculous.  I think I'm going to have to start visiting the Dollar Stores and Walmart more frequently now and just use the grocery stores for perishables.

Honored Contributor

@doxie1 wrote:

@roeroe1005 wrote:

@Kachina624 ,

haha - stay out of New York!  Rumor is that bridge will go up to approximately $12.50 in a year or 2.

I don't even know how much the toll on the George Washington bridge is; haven't been on it for years.

@roeroe1005 

You have to pay to cross a bridge? A trip which includeds returning would cost 25$. That is cutting into my shopping money. I am glad we do not have toll roads.

doxie

@doxie1   I'm pretty sure the bridge tolls are collected in one direcion only.