Honored Contributor

Prices on a lot of products have increased.  There are higher costs for imports, a big chunk due to tariffs.  The USA made/grown products are more expensive for the same reason, farmers want to recoup their losses too.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've noticed not only are prices rising, but sizes of grocery items are shrinking.  A box of Special K cereal is about the same height but much slimmer than it used to be.  I get about 5 or 6 servings out of a box.  I frequently buy refrigerated pizzas in the deli at Walmart.  They have suddenly shrunk so much, i didnt recognize them.

@Kachina624 

Your so right about that......

Ceral boxes are same size but only half filled...as are potato chip bags....

Im not much of an eater of sweets, but I do like ice cream ocassionally and the size of the Dove bars has shrunk dramatically as has the Nestle Drumticks....SMH

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt.  Look at the bright side.  Blue Bell Ice Cream is still a 1/2 gallon.  I wonder how long that will last?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

To a certain extent, you can manage price increases with coupons and rebate apps, and by shopping at discount grocers (Aldi's, Costco, Walmart, etc.).  There's a number of opportunities to save but you have to be religious about it and I admit some folks don't have the time.  Smaller sizes can be a blessing in disguise - for example, 1-1/2 quarts of ice cream isn't as bad for me as 1/2 gallon.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt.  Look at the bright side.  Blue Bell Ice Cream is still a 1/2 gallon.  I wonder how long that will last?

@Kachina624 

But I dont like Blue Bell...it's too sweet....Actually the HEB store brand Creamy Creations is pretty good...it comes in 1/2 gallons----I like the Caramel Pecan Turtle, Java Chocolate Chunk, Mint Chocolate, Chocolate Chip, Raspberry Truffle.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Oh goodness I am so glad for this thread as I have been stalking butter for the last three months.  I finally found a sale 2 for $5 but I remember when it wasn't hard to find it under $2 a pound on sale.  I too have noticed everything going up and thought it was just me but right now butter is my pain point.  Ouch.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Oh goodness I am so glad for this thread as I have been stalking butter for the last three months.  I finally found a sale 2 for $5 but I remember when it wasn't hard to find it under $2 a pound on sale.  I too have noticed everything going up and thought it was just me but right now butter is my pain point.  Ouch.

Maybe with Easter approaching, there will be some good sales on butter.

Respected Contributor

Hope with 

easter eggs & ham go on sale but who knows. need tp hope a sale on that. these prices love to creep up 

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@ScrapHappy wrote:

Anyone else seen items at their grocery store climbing?  I have.  I would buy Blistex ointment for 99 cents (sometimes 89 cents on sale).  First it jumped to $1.29 and today it's $1.59.  Another item, my daughters organice chocolate milk.  Was $4.69 and now $5.69.  Aluminum foil (just generic store brand) was 99 cents, now $1.29.  There's more but that's all I remember off the top of my head right now.

@ScrapHappy 

Your right about that..Every week things go up....

Examples of a few items:

Star Kist Tuna In Water was 99 cents then $1.22, now $1.84.   

Turkey Bacon was $2.74, then $3.24, now $3.88

Wurthers Candies $1.98 now $2.18....

Paper towels was $1.69, then $1.79, now $1.99

I dont know if its because the grocery store chain was expanding to add a Curbside Pickup Area.....OR are prices just going up on everything Woman Frustrated

Our local Krogers have added curbside pick-ups too.  I went to grocery store yesterday and the Mac & Cheese I buy my daughter is now $2.89.  I've gotten it on sale for 79 cents.  Then it went to $1.20, then $1.59 and now $2.89  Lettuce also went up.  Was 99 cents and now it's $1.59.

Honored Contributor
Can’t remember a time when grocery prices went down and stayed down. Any price drop is usually just a sale that lasts a week or so. Lemons have skyrocketed and they used to be the cheapest item in the produce section. Now they are 2/$1....outrageous.