Respected Contributor
@proudlyfromNJ...cool..😊I go to the Paramus Malls all the time.. lol
Respected Contributor
@proudlyftom NJ....I see your originally from NJ..
I grew up in Wayne, (25 yrs), and got married and then moved to Rockland. ( husband lived there)
Honored Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
@proudlyftom NJ....I see your originally from NJ..
I grew up in Wayne, (25 yrs), and got married and then moved to Rockland. ( husband lived there)

@KKlim .  Grew up in Monmouth County. Lived a bunch of places after that. Moved to Rockland 35 years ago. 

My last job when I retired was in Wayne. 

Honored Contributor
Checking out grocery store ads before a holiday usually finds some very good prices; last week I found green cabbage for 25 cents a pound. The 4th of July, Memorial Day, and Labor Day usually has ground beef, ribs, watermelon, and other cookout staples reduced by a lot. I usually plan my meals around what has been on sale the week before. It’s hard to save money when it is just the two of us without planning. I freeze soup, one of DH’s favorite, and love pulling that out when we have both been away or too busy to spend much time in the kitchen. Easter will bring sales on ham, potatoes, and asparagus.

Respected Contributor
@proudlyfromNJ..that’s cool-Monmouth County..It’s a small world that u worked in Wayne and u live in Rockland now..Watch u live in my town too..lol..It’s nice to meet u..🙂..Enjoy what’s left of the evening..
Honored Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
@proudlyfromNJ..that’s cool-Monmouth County..It’s a small world that u worked in Wayne and u live in Rockland now..Watch u live in my town too..lol..It’s nice to meet u..🙂..Enjoy what’s left of the evening..

@KKlim . PR here. Nice to meet you. Take care.

Respected Contributor
@proudly...ironic-I’m in Blauvelt..😂. Good Nite..
Valued Contributor

Re: Grocery Prices

[ Edited ]

Yes, prices keep climbing.  Oh, and don't get me started on the sugar/drink tax!  I live in a city  that has it and I drive out of my city to buy all my groceries.  Oh and can you believe they tax my almond milk and cashew milk?  All diet and even healthier stevia versions of drinks are also taxed.  Thank goodness for Wegman's.  Wegman's rocks!     

Valued Contributor
I'm in awe of grocery prices. And I shop for only DH and I. He, unfortunately, is a meat and potato guy. Me, not so much.

Fish and seafood prices (I eat salmon 2X a week) are crazy.

Hubby loves white bread, I'm a pumpernickel/rye gal. Full loaves are wasted as we can't go through them prior to expiration dates.

I'm not whining: although retired we saved well for our retirement and are okay financially. I do however wonder and worry how young families with kids make ends meet. I hope they are feeding their kids wirh good, nutritional choices and not empty, fatty calories.

Sadly, I fear, prices will escalate ever higher making good food a "lower" priority in many's lives. LuLu
Trusted Contributor

I agree @Its Me LuLuBelle2  When McDonald's is the same price or cheaper than the grocery store, some parents just do more fast food and the children suffer.