Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

Eggs at my local Aldi's went DOWN from $1.25 a carton to .85 cents a carton. I stocked up!!!

You just have to watch the sales/deals, use your freezer and plan your meals accordingly. Buy in bulk, cook in bulk and freeze.

My local Meijer store always sells eggs for .49 a dozen. I've never seen them so cheap anywhere so I always keep my frig well stocked. 

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ 

@KKlim 

Westchester County resident all my life.  I will cross that Mario Cuomo/Tappan Zee whatever you want to call it bridge, while the toll is still $5.  Love the Shops on 59 mall.  

Hoping to move to Lewes, DE, area in next year or so.  Read a Wegman's is coming to Wilmington, DE, area!  Just in time for me!

Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  - I know what you mean about bread.  I wish they would sell smaller loaves and smaller packages of hot dog and hamburger rolls.

I do not like frozen breads or rolls.

Honored Contributor

They are remodeling our local supermarket - moving departments around.  They bought in a different "store brand" ... a bit higher price, but quality has been good (so far) and a much broader selection of products.

If I had to feed a family ... prices would be an issue.  But it's just me so it's not too bad.

I talked to one of the cashiers and one of the managers on Saturday and asked about the new setup  ... learned they are putting a coffee shop type setup at the front of the store.  Looking forward to that!  Within 9 blocks, we have three supermarkets, three bagel delis, several take-out places, two Starbucks, two Dunkin Donuts, a couple of diners, and a couple of restaurants,  and they are all so busy. 

Honored Contributor

I've noticed not only are prices rising, but sizes of grocery items are shrinking.  A box of Special K cereal is about the same height but much slimmer than it used to be.  I get about 5 or 6 servings out of a box.  I frequently buy refrigerated pizzas in the deli at Walmart.  They have suddenly shrunk so much, i didnt recognize them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@roeroe1005 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ 

@KKlim 

Westchester County resident all my life.  I will cross that Mario Cuomo/Tappan Zee whatever you want to call it bridge, while the toll is still $5.  Love the Shops on 59 mall.  

Hoping to move to Lewes, DE, area in next year or so.  Read a Wegman's is coming to Wilmington, DE, area!  Just in time for me!

@roeroe1005   Wow, I cant believe $5., to drive over a bridge.  That's one reason why I live in the West.  We dont have a single toll road or bridge in the whole state.  Talk about highway robbery!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Ah, Wegmans.   One of the very few things I miss about moving from the Philly area.   No Wegmans in NM and won't be in my lifetime.   Nothing like Wegmans.   And yes, it is always way cheaper that other major chains on regular grocery items.   Now wander off into their imported/speciality stuff and that's different.  

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

Ha.  Highway robbery.  Good one.

Believe me Kachina, I'd gladly pay $5.00 to get to a Wegmans.   If only.....

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ  & @KKlim - I live right on the border of Middlesex Co./Monmouth Co.!  My daughter lived in Waye and worked in Paramus for 2 years before transferring closer to us.

Honored Contributor

YES I have been noticing this!!!  Smiley Sad

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller