Honored Contributor

Re: Grocery Delivery Services

[ Edited ]

I have been pleased with the walmart delivery,got one just today. I did have a problem ,once the delivery was to wrong house.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

Instacart delivers from Kroger for me. It has worked well since the beginning of the pandemic.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I usually shop Publix with Instacart. Some chains, such as Publix, charge higher prices for the food with their delivery service, Instacart, than the food prices are in the stores. Not all chains that use Instacart do this. With Publix, there's a delivery fee, a service fee, tax and tip. The service fee can vary greatly. They charge a much higher service fee if you order milk, waters or other drinks. The good thing about Publix is that their meat, chicken and produce are consistently high quality and they carry familiar brands. With Publix, your delivery person is also your shopper and this person can spend a long time filling large orders for you, then driving from the store and then bringing the bags to the doorstep, so I always tip generously. The shopper can stay on the phone with you and even show you pictures of what is available from your list or of alternatives from which you can choose. Customer service is very good. 

I've used Amazon Fresh and Walmart, but not in some months. Neither carries everything I need, so I wind up having to get food from a couple places. I like to use Amazon Fresh when I need certain frozen smoothie ingredients. They had terrible bananas, though, they went from green to brownish black without ever turning yellow. Amazon does carry the frozen strawberries I like from Cascadian Farm. Amazon just dropped their minimum Fresh grocery delivery order to $100. Walmart carries two family size frozen entrees I really like and can not buy anywhere else. I don't have Walmart+ yet because I've never been able to catch them when they have had a discount deal up. 

I've been looking into Costco. There's two ways to get Costco food delivered. I'm still investigating how they work. 

Honored Contributor

I use Instacart and the Stop and Shop delivery service.  I've been using both since before COVID and it's now my preferred way to shop.  Easy, convenient, time saving.  In all these years, I have only had a few minor blips.  They both have great customer service.  Of course you have to tip but you do it through the app.  You decided how much you want to tip.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just use Instacart.  They are great.  Especially their customer service.  Any problem, call them and they'll fix it. I can use Walmart now through instacart, but I don't like anything about Walmart. My favorite store through Instacart is Wegmans.  They have everything.  I'm too far North for Publix, but Wegmans is a great alternative. Each month I get more and more stores to choose from to order.  That's why I like Instacart. I pay $99.00 a year.  I have the option for monthly pay, but I just get charged once a year. I get delivery within an hour.  It all started during the pandemic.  I can't believe I didn't get Instacart earlier. 

When you shop through Instacart, you're always in contact with your shopper.  If an item isn't there, they let you know.  If I want salads that absolutely fresh, tell them and they will tell you sell by date. I haven't set foot in any supermarket for a long time now. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have used Shipt for several years and they are the best.  They do shop Costco. 

I figure my tip is just what I would pay for gas money!

I think it is the best thing that ever happened for me!

Honored Contributor

No, I don't have any services I have to pay for just to get groceries----I am a AMZ Prime member and just this month, they lowered the $150 grocery order requirement  to get  free delivery, down to $100. I use Prime mostly but also use Safeway and QFC thru Instacart. I do have an annual pass for DoorDash and they will delivery groceries and other things from other stores. I always tip---I appreciate those people bringing my stuff up a flight of stairs --I live on the second floor. For the most part, I have had great service but have had a few minor problems.  But they have always been corrected thru the help on the website. 

Respected Contributor

I love Instacart!  I shop at Publix's and it is as everyone else has said.  You are in constant contact with your shopper,  They will send photos of options if your product is not available.  The same with meat when you request photos before selection......example:  thick pork chops with bone, thick steaks.  My favorite of all time is the 32 bottles of water delivered as well as soda.  What a gift of not having to carry it from the car to into the house!  I usually place my order early in the morning and it arrives within the hour.  It is well worth the cost for me to use Instacart for the ease of use and the pleasure of delivery.  Yes, it is a little expensive but I do not have a large family so it is less of a concern for me.  

Respected Contributor

Every once in a while, I order from Amazon Fresh.  Their selection is a bit limited, but I can get a few things from them that I can't get at Trader Joe's.  I recently moved and Trader Joe's is not as convenient as it was, so I can see myself using Amazon more often.

Honored Contributor

People actually NOT do their own grocery shopping?? Seriously? I would NEVER have someone else pick out my groceries. When I grocery shop I spend most of my time reading the expiration dates. I'm quite sure hired help just grabs the first item they see. Sorry but the covid days have made us all extremely lackadaisical. JMO.

"Pure Michigan"