Honored Contributor

Re: Grieving Bride Takes Photos In Wedding Dress After Fiance's Sudden Death

As long as the bride was happy with the  pictures, it's  all good.

Honored Contributor

All right, so I'll say it... I think the whole thing is a little too theatrical and more than a tad warped... But yes, we all manage life's losses in our own way...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb  I tend to agree with you.  My Mother was engaged to a man that died in Normandy.  He had sent her a bracelet of cameos from over there.  She ended up marrying his best friend, my Father, and I have the cameos.  When I wear them I think of his sacrifice.  However, his family were quite put out that my Mother moved on to marry my Dad.  I dont know what the right answer is, but, this expression of grief seems a bit over the top also.  I hope she heals.

Honored Contributor

what a lovely tribute and what lovely photo's

Honored Contributor

@Deanie wrote:

@stevieb  I tend to agree with you.  My Mother was engaged to a man that died in Normandy.  He had sent her a bracelet of cameos from over there.  She ended up marrying his best friend, my Father, and I have the cameos.  When I wear them I think of his sacrifice.  However, his family were quite put out that my Mother moved on to marry my Dad.  I dont know what the right answer is, but, this expression of grief seems a bit over the top also.  I hope she heals.

@Deanie What a bittersweet story. I can feel for the loss your mother's fiancee's family experienced. Still, she did what was right for her and couldn't be expected to live out her life in the shadow of his and their loss... As for this current story, yes, over the top, and I'm not sure it's such a 'tribute' or even a personal method of healing. As noted it just seems all rather dramatic to me, but I'll just leave it at that... Related, I love cameos and know that you cherish yours on many levels...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

This is so touching....sad....beautiful....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/whats-hot/grieving-bride-takes-photos-in-wedding-dress-after-fian...

I find this to be rather grand standing and a "look at me" ploy.

I understand her having the pictures done.......but for her and the very close family who would find comfort in them.

But the public display is simply an attempt to garner the attention she won't receive from the wedding. I find it to be more about her being in the limelight than a grieving process.

Esteemed Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

The pictures of her alone are beautiful.  I think the ones with him ghost-like are kind of creepy. 

I've seen other pictures where a deceased person is photoshopped into a picture.  For me they are disturbing.

I agree.  I doubt I'd want to do something like this, but I think I can understand maybe wanting photos in the dress.  The photos with him photoshopped in are unappealing, IMO.  I'd rather have photos of real, actual times and moments with him, no matter what either of us were wearing.

She said it brought her some closure, though, and that's a good thing.  They seemed to be an adorable couple.  I wish her the best.

Respected Contributor

A tragic loss for this young woman and my heart goes out to her.  Hopefully, in time, she will move on.  

I too think the photos with him are a little creepy but we all grieve differently.  

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama

me too...........crying-so sad

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

Um...if it brings her peace.