Honored Contributor

Re: Gregg Allman Cancels Tour Due To Serious Health Issues

@Vickiv wrote:

Such a shame some of the talented performers of yesteryear are not well. So much drugs,drinking and plain hard living. Some of them look so bad you wonder if they have to prop them up to perform. Sad. Look at Ozzy Osbourne I don't think he even knows what day it is let alone have another woman.  I hope Gregg recovers soon.

@Vickiv  Some of them look really great though.  Justin Hayward and John Lodge from the Moody Blues look fantastic. Graham Edge, the drummer, looks about the same as he did 40+ years ago but all gray now.     Lead singer/songwriter Justin Hayward looks esp. great in his black leather pants he still  wears onstage.  He's still a "wow" and Lodge has kept his physique up too.

Eric Clapton doesn't look bad, considering all the drugs he's taken over the years.  Same for Roger Daltry but he's had major surgery I think on his face.  Ringo looks really, really good for his age - what 75?  McCartney the cute Beatle shows his age in his face but his body is still trim and youthful.  They haven't all gone to pot so to speak.  LOL!

Valued Contributor

I am going to a concert next week to see ZZ TOP and Greg Allman was the opening act for this. I wonder who they will get to replace. Hope he gets better

Beckyblu

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

I didn't even know Gregg Allman was still performing.

Some of these ancient rockers do not know when to quit. 

@SeaMaiden

Some of these "ancient rockers" are still selling the tickets and nostalgic fans don't mind seeing them one more time.   Most people wouldn't turn down that kind of  money from a whole concert tour.  Can you blame them? 

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

I didn't even know Gregg Allman was still performing.

Some of these ancient rockers do not know when to quit. 

Agree....which is why this is my favorite Grace Slick quote: 

"Know when it's time to get off the stage!" 

Amen! 

Esteemed Contributor

We had Alice Cooper in our area for a concert.....He even played golf on one of our local golf coarses....still looked the same...only older...LOL

Honored Contributor

@Junker2327 wrote:

I am going to a concert next week to see ZZ TOP and Greg Allman was the opening act for this. I wonder who they will get to replace. Hope he gets better

Beckyblu

That show's scheduled for September 24 here in Albuquerque.  Actually, I'm going to see Boz Scaggs this Tuesday because I forgot to do that in the 70s. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~