Respected Contributor

Green Earth Vintage - about those Joan of Artic boots

I posted this on the uggs thread, but I didn't want you to miss it, in case you didn't go back to that thread

On 12/6/2010 green earth vintage said:
On 12/6/2010 biancardi said:

I love Sorel's Joan of Artic boots - they are warm, comfy and they have rubber bottoms, so it is better in the slush! waterproof and stylish

I have them in black and hawk

<p style="text-align: center;"> /></p> <p> </p> <p> </p> </blockquote> <p>Wow, I like these! Are they lined inside? Do they fit true to size?</p> </blockquote> <p>yes, they have this thick felt lining and are supposed to hold up to temp's as cold as 25 below . I size up - because I have wide feet - so I took a size 9. They don't come in half sizes and I guess the reviews from previous years stated they were big - I didn't find that to be true with this year's model. Sorel must have listened to the complaints about the sizing.</p> <p>they cost about 115 to 130.00 - you can find them on sale sometimes.</p> <p>this is the description:</p> <p> </p> <p>This fashionable and extremely protective cold-weather boot features a seam-sealed waterproof full grain leather and suede upper, as well as a removable and washable nine-millimeter, recycled felt inner boot liner with cute and cozy faux fur cuff. Able to withstand temperatures as cold as negative 25 degrees, the Joan of Arctic also boasts a handcrafted waterproof vulcanized rubber shell with herringbone outsole for extra support and a steady step, whether you're hiking or simply walking to work.</p> <p>The Sorel Women's Joan of Arctic Boot's seam-sealed suede upper protects your feet from the elements this winter while the faux fur cuff gives a hint of style. Waterproof rubber outsoles offer excellent traction with their square lug pattern, so you can keep your footing on the ice. Recycled felt InnerBoot and bonded felt frost plug insulate your foot when the temps drop to freezing. The Joan boot uses regular lacing through buckles for a sleek look that offers support from you ankle to your calf.</p> <p> </p> <p>Last edited on 12/7/2010</p>
If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames