Honored Contributor

Re: Great picture of Martha Stewart

@Mary Bailey-

I didn't know she was in movies but she was in several. The one with Bobby Vinton was Surf Party (1964)- and here's a picture of her (I don't think it even looks like her.Of course that was over 50 years ago)

Martha Stewart Picture

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

IN a Lonely Place, 1950

Martha Stewart in In a Lonely Place (1950)

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

It is a nice picture.  When Martha was younger and modeling she was very pretty.  I forget where I saw a picture of her but she was stunning.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Mary Bailey-

I didn't know she was in movies but she was in several. The one with Bobby Vinton was Surf Party (1964)- and here's a picture of her (I don't think it even looks like her.Of course that was over 50 years ago)

@on the bayThat's it! I watched a bit this morning.  I didn't recognise anyone and turned it off.  I know quite a few Bobby Vinton songs (70s girl)

Esteemed Contributor

Image result for martha stewart young model

Here's Martha in her modeling days. I don't think those other photos shown are of this Martha Stewart. Those women would be way too old for our Martha!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay wrote:

IN a Lonely Place, 1950

Martha Stewart in In a Lonely Place (1950)

This can't possibly be our Martha Stewart. She'd probably be 100 years old by now!!!

There has to be another Martha Stewart who was an actress!

Super Contributor

Wow , I never would have guessed those early pics are her. I don’t see any resemblance! I like Martha .

Honored Contributor

Well, if she has had work done on her face, they did one heck of a good job.  

Esteemed Contributor

@GinzTonic wrote:

Wow , I never would have guessed those early pics are her. I don’t see any resemblance! I like Martha .

@GinzTonic- They're NOT her. They're another actress:

Martha StewartBornResidenceOther namesOccupationYears activeHome townSpouse(s)Children

Martha Stewart Billboard.jpg
Martha Stewart
October 7, 1922 (age 95)
Bardwell, Kentucky, U.S.
California
Martha Shelley
Actress, singer (retired)
1946–1964
Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
Joe E. Lewis
(m. 1946; div. 1948)

George O'Hanlon
(m. 1949; div. 1952)

David Shelley
(m. 1952; his death 1982)
Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

She does look great

btw....

this morning I saw a movie with Martha Stewart and Bobby Vinton!  a beach movie  

@Mary Bailey  This is the Martha stewart you saw in the movie, not "the" Martha Stewart.  I googled the cast of Surf's Up, the only movie I could find with Vinton.

Martha Stewart (I)

Born in rural Kentucky she and her family relocated to Brooklyn where her father worked as a businessman. Following her high school graduation she was recommended to partake in a singing contest held by a local radio station from friends and was so successful that she worked professionally as a singer during the Second World War 

Martha Stewart Picture